Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cheri_c_gw

Here's a great idea with those wire form deers...

Cheri_C
17 years ago

This is what a member here did, These are Kikistreehouse's deers. I think this is such a wonderful idea.

{{gwi:129739}}

Comments (18)

• craftylady-2006
    17 years ago

Thank you for posting this, I was really wondering what to do with the five deer I found this past year.

Sal

• shrty411
    17 years ago

Those are great! A wonderful way to use old Christmas decorations.

Maria

• lynnencfan
    17 years ago

Fantastic idea - I love it....

Lynne

• Calamity_J
    17 years ago

OOOHHH I LOVE IT!!! Gotta try this!!

• TwoMonths
    17 years ago

I would love to try it also...but I can not see the picture - well rather I can see it but it is so streaked and has lines thru it that I can not see it. Can you post a link to go to it on photobucket? Or tell me what was done and I will guess at it. I got one from a neighbor that is grapevine, has half the light out and it is on a tall post and it moves back and forth. Thanks June

• texaswild
    17 years ago

Well RATS - threw one out that I found in my attic cuz I didn't know what to do w/it. I never learn to NOT toss stuff. Cute idea.

• kikistreehouse
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone,Thanks again Cheri ,Strip all lights and clips off ,, spray paint it, Put coconut liner in body, add soil and plants and surprise you have wildlife planter , I have blue haze in mine , Its hard to see ,, but in person its pretty , Thanks Cheri ,,Hope everyone enjoys it as much as i do ..

• cindee11461
    17 years ago

The deer planters are a great idea!!!!!
    I also used some old Christmas deer in the garden as topiaries. I planted rosemary at the feet and one at the head that was down to the ground. The rosemary has grown about two feet so far. it will take a few years to fill in but its looking good. I wish I had painted my deer though. I left them white.

• kirkus
    16 years ago

I know this is an old post, but how cool is this? The lights in one of my deer went out after 10 years. Rather than replace the strand, fastening the lights one by one, I bought one just like it on sale for less than $10. I couldn't stand to throw the deer out. Now I know what to do with it! This is a GREAT idea! Kirk

• garden2garden
    16 years ago

I'll say it again- what a great idea!

• princess_mimi
    16 years ago

I'll have to post pics of what I did with my trash picked deer. They are still Christmas deer but....well you'll see as soon as I get a pic!

~~Mimi

• luna_llena_feliz
    16 years ago

Thanks for dredging this one up, Kirk! I never cared much for the lighted white deers but I love "wildlife" art so this is a great alternative. I'll have to watch for some at after Christmas sales or at GSes.

• kudzukween
    16 years ago

After Christmas,when most of the lights "died" on my two deer, I clipped off the lights and just kept the white wire forms in the yard, I thought they looked nice with the white furniture :) But I'd love to take the time to put in moss and grow something in them. Those are just too cute,what a great idea:)

• Marcia Thornley
    16 years ago

I hope someone decides to throw out some of those deer. I'm going to be watching the curb come garbage day now. What a great idea!

• susiesunshine
    16 years ago

Me toooooo
    Curb side shopping......
    here I come....
    I LOVE THEMLite em up.... fill em up !!!!
    The Little Deers !!!!!!
    Are ...................as the Martha says
    THE LITTLE DEERS ARE A GOOD THING !!!!!!
    and now
    I see even a BEAR lover loves the little Deers !!
    ( sorry Kirkus... just had to get - er done!!!!!)
    Thanks!
    God Bless
    SusieSunShine

• use2bcapecodr
    16 years ago

I have a couple of little ones that belonged to my brother. I've already rewired one of them once...and let me tell you...it was a pistol! I've never seen such cute little ones that are so well made, and I think this is the perfect thing to do with them.

I didn't want to get rid of them. Thanks so much for the neat idea!

Anyone know of a pretty plant that stays green all year? I suppose that's too much to ask for though.

~Sandy~

• backyardmom
    16 years ago

Thanks for the idea.My Dh has been putting one of ours around in different places in our yard to see if people notice.And they do.That was fun,but this will be alot better.

• msjay2u
    16 years ago

have you guys ever thought of posting an ad on your local freecycle? I bet there are people out there wanting to get rid of their deer