Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
metal junk

Posted by indigosunshine 4 west WI (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 25, 13 at 11:01

Tim got a new welder for Christmas so he has been busy in the shop! He made this sculpture out of old spoked car wheels and parts from old barn stanchions. He's been busy
making bottle trees too! Spring can't get here soon enough!This morning we decided to take a week of vacation in the first part of May so he can help me find homes for all of his creations. My job is to drink the wine from the blue bottles! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: metal junk

That is a cool garden sculpture! He's been having fun and bottle trees? I'm just a bit jealous you can get your own custom made!

o

How cute is that! Can hardly wait to see more creations. Glad to see he's putting his new welder to work for lucky you!

o

Cool! It seems as though he's having fun creating!

o

That is cute!!Love it!!

o

That is great!!! So inventive. Welding is such a great talent and you can create so many interesting things. If you lived closer, you could have all my blue bottles as I'm down sizing!

o

Your sculpture is really neat. I love seeing all the wonderful things being made. Everyone is so creative.

o

I want to snoop in your yard, old trunk, butterfly, bottle trees, milk can, & it's winter, what's under the snow!! Treasures waiting for the welder??? Great job!! Jan

o

Jan, I can't seem to resist anything that is rusty! The old trunk is a tool box that came with an old car, maybe a model T?. We had the best time scrounging around in the old gentleman woods; he was cleaning it up after years of running a used car parts business. Anyway I plan on planting wave petunias in the trunk....I think that will be gorgeous!The ideas are only limited to the imagination...plus the ideas I get from friends here on GJ!Think spring, Carol

o

indigosunshine,
Are you anwhere near Madison Wisconsin? Perhaps I could commission some welding! Our tastes seem to run in the same direction; rusty and blue! I have a stash of full bottles that need my attention too!
Jeanne

o

Jeanne, we are just over the border from St. Paul, MN. Too bad adult education doesn't have a class in recreational welding! I'd take it in a heart beat....but I DO have Tim! Carol

o

• Posted by 9bark 5 British Columbia (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 12:23

Haha! Awesome! The FAAACCEEE!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here