Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

What comes in blue bottles ?

toomuchglass
16 years ago

I'm curious what product comes in blue bottles ? I don't see any in the stores - but I don't know what I'm looking for ! Liquor ? Soda ? Water ? I want to keep my eyes open & look for some !

Comments (30)

• sweetkountry
    16 years ago

I have the same question. I have been watching for them but haven't seen any.

• superiorgirl2
    16 years ago

Depends on where you are. In NY I see water in them and it makes me crazy to not be able to buy a bunch to bring home to MI. For awhile I was getting an Arizona Tea in them, but now can't find them anymore. My friends save Sky vodka bottles for me as they are cobalt. There are also some wines that come in the blue bottles.

• use2bcapecodr
    16 years ago

I have lots of wine bottles. hic

Some I empty myself...hic...and some my friends and family give me.

I vuv...hic...boo vine boddahs! hic

~Sandy~

• TwoMonths
    16 years ago

There have been a few older posts that list the kinds of water and liquor and other products you can get in blue bottles. I started getting mine in water bottles from World Emporium. Mosting the bottles I have are from liquor bottles, also a blue beer bottle on shelves right now (I got them from my recycle guy). If you do not drink the water is the best bet....$1.99-2.99 according to size and you get mineral/carbonated/flavored water. I tried to do a search for blue bottles on this site but my search engine is not working this am. Maybe yours is. But the cheapest way (tho not the most fun) is searching for bottles for homemade wine. You can buy a case as inexpensive as you can the water bottles.

• lefd05
    16 years ago

Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy line has blue and red glass bottles for the lotion. I have several of those tucked away for projects.
    Watch yard sales and auctions for bottles. You can find them sometimes. I went to a yard sale this summer where they had boxes and boxes of blue bottles and jars but they wanted $4.00 per bottle/jar no matter what size they were! Most of the time you can find them for pocket change.

• maozamom NE Ohio
    16 years ago

World Market sells water in two sizes of blue bottles.

• KaraLynn
    16 years ago

If there are large public recycling bins in your area you can look in them and sometimes find blue bottles there for free. That's how I found some of mine.

• Dottie B.
    16 years ago

You might want to check ebay for empty bottles. There is a set of 12 on there right now starting at $11 plus shipping. You may also want to post on Freecycle if there is one for your area. I have also seen them pretty inexpensively on wine making websites. Here is one:

Here is a link that might be useful: Empty Wine Bottle Supplier

• use2bcapecodr
    16 years ago

OK...are we brave enough to go into a bar or restaurant and ask them to save some for us? I'm not sure I am...but maybe I can talk DH into it! chuckle

Whenever I'm in a restaurant, I find myself checking out the shelves over the bar for pretty blue bottles!

I also find them at Goodwill. Just before Christmas, I found 2 lovely, decorative bottles. $1 apiece...made my day!

~Sandy~

• plumbnelly
    16 years ago

I love the blue bottles! I am one of the ones crazy enough to ask restaurants to save bottles for me. Most of the restaurants I have asked are so kind and get excited to help. I did print out a picture of my trees and take so that the employees could see what they were contributing to. The Skyy bottles have been mentioned. I have found mostly Riesling bottles, but Luna Di Luna wine bottles come in blue also. There is a bottle of water at the grocery called Le Bleu, but the bottle is plastic. I have tucked those in as fillers on my blue tree. Also if you are REALLY nice to the workers at the recycle center they sometimes help. As I have said before I keep my fishing net in the back of my car and fish them out of the bins. I am a preschool teacher and some of my parents have overheard about my hobby and belive it or not, they have brought blue bottles. Imagine coming into a church preschool with an empty vodka bottle! ha You can see there are 3 plastic bottles on top of my tree. Also, a relative gave me three blue ones for Christmas that she found at Ross. She only paid 99 cents each for them. Good luck in your search!
    {{gwi:129847}}

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    16 years ago

WOW -- thank you for the info ! Now I can watch for them :)

• kathi_mdgd
    16 years ago

I bought some water in blue bottles a few years ago at one of those outlet grocery stores.I think the water had arizona in the name.Didn't like the water,so dumped it,but saved the bottles.They were glass and were the color blue of the ones on Plumbnelly's tree.

Propel water comes in plastic blue bottles and i use those over tent stakes for hose guides around the garden.
    Kathi

• luna_llena_feliz
    16 years ago

Hey, the old lady who hangs around here told me that this stuff comes in a blue bottle!

{{gwi:129848}}

• chickiebabeblue
    16 years ago

If you have a Trader Joe's in your area, They sell a mineral water for around $1.19. That's the only thing I can think of that others haven't mentioned. I've been a long-time blue bottle buyer, and have found some good deals if you just keep looking. I will be proudly planting 2 bottle trees in the spring as soon as the ground thaws.
    Jeanne

• sistersunnie
    16 years ago

Hey that old lady found me some of the M of M bottles that were blue glass, old....... I have them in my bathroom window sill, appropriate wouldnt you say? For an old lady, that is.....

• willeneg
    16 years ago

This website sells blue wine bottles for 2.49 each: www.bottletree.com

• goldenpond
    16 years ago

Happiness comes in blue bottles
    {{gwi:129849}}

• use2bcapecodr
    16 years ago

Goldenpond,
    What is the bottle at the top from?

~Sandy~

• luna_llena_feliz
    16 years ago

Is happiness Skye vodka?

• daisy_ny6
    16 years ago

The bottle on top is Arizona bottle - the indentations are for your fingers (there is one on the other side for the thumb)

I can't find them anymore.

• girlgroupgirl
    16 years ago

Arizona tea switched to plastic bottles.

There is another type of liquor that comes in pale blue bottles with square shoulders. They make an excellent contrast to other blue bottles.

GGG

• goldenpond
    16 years ago

WEll I am out garage saling to find mine since I do not drink any alcohol(too many drunks in my family genes so I don't let the stuff touch my lips)
    I must have bought the Arizona tea for my dad as I don't drink cold tea but I remember getting him something.Don't buy him the booze in blue bottles either it took me three yars of agony to get him off the stuff!

• goats
    16 years ago

Try your local restaraunts that have a bar in it. They can't give you the liquer bottles (that's illegal) but they can give you their wine bottles. There is a German Reisling wine that comes in a beautiful blue bottle that they throw out. Maybe strike up a friendship with the bartender or manager, and promise to come every week to collect? I am gonna butcher this spelling, but it's Schmitt Sohns brand. No telling what else they carry.
    Cristi

• frit_happens
    16 years ago

Trader Joes sell water in blue bottles for $1.29

• caroleena
    15 years ago

i did find a place online that sells empty blue bottle for thse of us who need to perserve our livers by not emptying the wine bottles ourselves....hic.....
    i hope its ok to post the link as i am in no way affiliated with the bottle business....

• musicaldeity
    15 years ago

I'm looking for some as well... there is an energy drink called Bawls that comes in cute blue bottles.

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Harveys Bristol Cream. I don't save my blue bottles, and I always try to leave them where someone can take them at the bottle recycling, but I noticed that the guy just throws them in as soon as I leave. I guess I should be saving them for you guys. They are so pretty I regret getting rid of them. Anyone in this thread in NH or VT, I could save them for you. Freecycle is a good idea too. I will wait till I have 5 or so then post them there.

• amigirl
    15 years ago

Sweetbay grocery store sells Ty Nant sp? water in blue bottles.

• kat4kittens2002
    15 years ago

there is a va wine called "our dog blue" its a chateau morrisette..white wine not dry..yummy..

• pattico_gw
    15 years ago

I emailed Arizona tea....they discontinued the blue bottles....8-(

I had a Kitchen Table friend come visit me the first of this month.
    She had stopped at another Kitchen Table members and that one sent me about 6 big blue wine bottles . But they have paint on them that I can't get off...any idea on how to remove it?

patti

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus