Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

I been working on the Boom Chain...

Calamity_J
13 years ago

Allll the live long daaayyy....I scored these cool chains at the local Restore for $10/each(3) and decided I wanted to hang them off my pond pergola.

{{gwi:129920}}

{{gwi:129921}}

Comments (12)

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

calamity - Those chains are awesome. You surely have a lot of goodies there with your pergola and pond. I see pavers stacked up. Must be another project coming up. Thank you for sharing. Marylee

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Your pond bog area looks like it's doing good!

Great score on the chains...they look terrific! Kind of gives the feeling of "rain chains" ...heavy duty! Love it!

Ok, what's the plan for the pavers??? & your castle is looking mighty fine yet! TFS! Great GJ! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Those are great! They would be great rain chains too!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, I am doing a paver border all along the garden beds by the fence (50+ft) so collect these as I find them. I will be redoing the castle bog area, I want to raise the castle by 2ft, it would show better, and maybe eliminate the bog garden as I have something else in mind...a veggie garden maybe...here is the pond last week!
    {{gwi:129922}}

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Ohhhhh, now that landscape looks much more familiar to me at this time of the new year! LOL! You didn't like the bog garden? I don't have one at my pond...but thought it would be cool...I just have gardens around it ...& it looks like this right now, too:

{{gwi:129923}}

A paver border will look great along your fence! You are a true GJer, calamity! Love your work (art)! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Chains really add a nice 'feel' to the area! Both places look lovely in the snow also! The bog is to the right on the pic isn't it? I love the pond! Jan

• chevy57red
    13 years ago

What a great place to sit and have a cup of coffee!!
    And true to my heart rusty is always the best!!
    Love the chains!! Did you make the stained glass with the blue ball to the left of the post? Very pretty!!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes I did make that, it is a Calamity original!lol! The pc is made with wire mesh and concrete,to show off those glass stars (1/2"thick), then I mosaiced it with mirror and stained glass, gave it a brick base, then that round cobalt blue ball...It is so nice when the sun shines thru it(the stars and ball) and the rest of the time it is pretty blingy with the mirror reflections!!! The bluebird hanging up is a table top, converted to be a glass on glass. It's warming up here so hopefully no more snow...I'm itching to see all those spring bulbs I planted!!!
    http://www.picturetrail.com/janelewis

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

The chains are great! I love your castle so much, I just can't see it too often.
    Kathy

• leafaholic
    13 years ago

Can't believe no one asked what the boom was in boom chains. And they are not from The west either.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, I don't really know What kind of chains they actually are, but I liked the song...heh heh! I thought they were the chains that attach logs to each other?

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Found this info....

Here is a link that might be useful: Boom chains

Sponsored
Closet America
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars133 Reviews
Northern Virginia, Baltimore & DC Metro's Closet Organization Company