Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
frosty the giraffe?

Posted by indigosunshine 4 west WI (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 2, 13 at 13:24

I could have spent hours outside taking pictures it was so beautiful but with the temps in the single digits it was too cold! This was taken in our back yard.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: frosty the giraffe?

That's awesome!! I love the red against the snow.

o

He looks like he needs a sweater and a hat! Beautiful against the snow though.

o

Yes, your giraffe sure pops in the white snow! Beautiful frosty day ...I know what you're talking about w/the cold! He does look like he needs a sweater & a hat & a lo-o-ng scarf! TFS! Jeanne S. ...and don't ya love how 'grasses' put on a show in the Winter! Very pretty here in your pic!

o

Sure brightens up a winter scene! What is the bike wheel over to the right? Does he have a 'buddy" out there? Love the "many colors of winter white" even looks like you planned the area of low growth to be lighter white than what is behind it. Nice!!Jan

o

Love the giraffe! He looks so cheery in the snow.
15 below here yesterday morning.
Kathy

o

Looks cold but a great pic. What is your giraffe made of?

o

The giraffe is a metal jungle-gym from a playground. When we found it, the front legs were rusted off. Tim welded new legs and added about 4' of rebar buried in the ground so it is secure in the ground. I think we got a great deal for $50!

o

Looks Great!! BURRRR What a wonderful find and to be able to repair it.

We are finally getting more snow here to. Glad to have it as we had some pretty cold weather until it started to snow again. Always warms up to snow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here