Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
therustyone

Cait? ? ? ?

Rusty
13 years ago

Has anyone heard from her?

Does anyone know if she is near the flooding or not?

Rusty

Comments (10)

• kirkus
    13 years ago

I've been wondering about Cait too. Such sad news coming from Australia. Cait, are you okay? Bear Hugs! Kirk

• kirkus
    13 years ago

I sent an e-mail to Cait. Hopefully, we'll get a response...such a special, INSPIRING, CREATIVE lady! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• cait1
    13 years ago

Thank you Rusty for your concern.

Thank you Kirk for the email.

I should have let you wonderful people know that I am fine.

I don't live anywhere near Queensland where the worst of the flooding happened.

I'm in the real fire-prone area - an hours drive out of Melbourne.

We did get a lot of rain, though. I think it was 4 major fronts that collided.

Late this afternoon the skies cleared and I saw sun for the first time in days.

What happened in Brisbane is awful. The damage is worse than what happened during Katrina and will cost that city more than the cost to clean up after Katrina. And although they were told to evacuate, some didn't and there were deaths - last I heard 26 confirmed with 40 odd people still missing.

The agricultural businesses throughout Australia have been hit really hard with all the rains and floods. Those poor people have been suffering with the drought and now they have the floods.

The rains here have really made my garden grow. What a mess! Tons of weeds. And I've lost some plants because they became water logged.

Thanks again for your concern. Oh, and Trygg is doing fine! He's watching me while I type. I've managed to keep him out of trouble. He doesn't like the rain and has been very subdued.

• chickiebabeblue
    13 years ago

Thanks for the update Cait. I've been wondering about you too. Such bad news for Brisbane. Jeanne

• Rusty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for checking in, Cait.

It's good to know you are okay.

Thoughts and prayers are going out
    to those in the way of the waters.

Seems like weather all over the planet is going crazy.

Rusty

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Glad you're doing okay! Good to hear from you!

• laurastheme
    13 years ago

Thank God you're OK, but I sure feel sorry for the people in the flooded area!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Glad you are OK! I went "looking for you at couple of other forums I thought you sometimes go on & didn't see you so was getting worried. Glad all is well & rains should keep fire danger down for awhile! Jan

• cait1
    13 years ago

Gosh, you all are just so SWEET! Reading all these comments reminds me of just how blessed I am to have stumbled onto this forum and find such a wonderful group of people. You make me get all teary.

Jan, there has been so much rain the fire department has cancelled the fire danger season... for now anyway. Usually by Jan 24th they restrict the burning of garden waste but they've suspended it indefinitely (for this season). One less thing to worry about.

But OY! The weeds! ;-)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Cait...always love to see what you post! & besides that, you bring "sunshine" into my winter! I love all your gardens & projects! Glad you got rains...better than last yr & all the fires! Keep postin' your wonderful gardens & creations! (please) Jeanne S.
    & good thoughts & prayers to those w/diasters! Ughh!

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction