Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tehuti

Mushroom

tehuti
13 years ago

I call this garden sculpture "Specimen 47" for absolutely no particular reason. It was a number that came to mind and has no significance whatsoever.

{{gwi:130109}}

Comments (14)

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

This sculpture is really neat. I like it. I went to your link and saw your other works. You are very creative. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

LOVE it, is that concrete dye? Niiiiiiice....

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Cool! Looks like a real mushroom.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

I think it will look very interesting in the garden,came out nice & like the bottom part too. Jan

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Very nice and an interesting piece for the garden. Did you dye it with coppras?

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Will look great mingled in your gardens...watchin' for Speciman 48. Love it! Jeanne S.

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Inspires me to make a shroom for my Gnome garden bed, you Gotta have a shroom or two with gnomes around!!!

• shpnquen
    13 years ago

This looks so awesome!! I love the rich colors & the texture!

• shrillmtb
    13 years ago

Very interesting specimen! I'm also interested in how you got those great colours!

• tehuti
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry Jeanne S but here are a few I just finished (Specimen 52 & Specimen 23 LOL). What I'm doing now is cementing the mushrooms in the pots to make them into complete sculptures.

Since they will be in a protected area I'm not worried about the finish. One thing I have learned: do not seal the bottom leave it unfinished so the pot can "breathe."

{{gwi:130110}}

{{gwi:130111}}

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

I really like these two specimen. - Marylee

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Those are wonderful! I didn't know about not sealing the bottom...learn something new every day! Also like all the texture in your 'shrooms & colors! Thanks! Here was my shot at them last yr...but your "pot angle" really makes them unique! TFS! Jeanne S.

{{gwi:130112}}

• tehuti
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Nice, I like the color. I made them in smaller bowls lined with a plastic bag so I could use the left-over cement from some other project. For the stems I used a paper towel center roll and a small diameter scrap metal rod for sticking them in the ground. The plastic bags leave behind nice impressions. I decided to make a complete sculpture from them because many of my pots were getting destroyed by the winter freeze-thaw cycle. I think they turned out okay.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Unique and beautiful.
    I like yours too Jeanne.
    Kathy

Sponsored