Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nigella_gw

How to post multiple thumbnail links from PhotoBucket.txt

Nigella
18 years ago

Hi Ya'll! Happy New year. I see we have a lot of new members so I thought I would let you in on some secrets I've learned. There is an easy way to post multiple pictures into a single thread using thumbnail links provided by PhotoBucket, where you can get a free account, which is a useful tool for those who love this forum. You can show pictures of before and after projects side by side, post different views side by side, etc. It also takes very little bandwidth to open the GW post since the information is in thumbnails rather than in large pictures.

The first step, of course, is to go to PhotoBucket.com, set up a membership and upload your pictures. Then click the little boxes next to the pictures you want to use and go down to the bottom of the page, click the down arrow beside the little window that reads "Choose Action" and choose "Generate HTML & IMG code". Then push the "Go" button.

{{gwi:66092}}

This will bring up a new page with several windows with text, I use the first one. Click on the window, then right click and choose "Copy".

{{gwi:66093}}

Come back to GJ and write your text, right click and choose "Paste". Preview.

That's all there is to it. Here's the table of pictures I generated when I did the original:

{{gwi:65034}} {{gwi:66094}} {{gwi:66095}}

{{gwi:66096}} {{gwi:66097}}

I took out the <center> command and the spaces between the pictures, btw. I hope this is a help to somebody!

Comments (38)

• ltd123
    18 years ago

Nigella - Here is a big THANK YOU for posting those directions. I actually could do it. I posted your message on the Hypertufa forum where we are always trying to figure this posting photos thing out.
    Laura

• phyllis__mn
    18 years ago

OK, I get it so far, but how about the space between images? (Please excuse them....I just grabbed the first ones I found!!)

• Nigella
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Phyllis, I think what you're trying to do is this:

This is done by adding the command

border="0"

after the img src information. Here's one of your's:

<http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/KatzIII/pty-balloons1a.gif><http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/KatzIII/th_pty-balloons1a.gif>;

You can also link all the gifs to one URL:

• Nigella
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Phyllis? Was that what you meant? Or were you asking how to space them apart from one another? If you want to have them close, but not right on top of each other just make a space(in GW, this won't work elsewhere, elsewhere you'll need this code, I have to insert a space so it : & nbsp)

• Calamity_J
    18 years ago

that is something I need to try.

My Pics

Â
    Free Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

• lucia59
    18 years ago

Thanks for the tip! I finally got it the way I wanted it. I am not the brightest crayon in the box today. lol

{{gwi:130184}}

• little_dani
    18 years ago

Y'all are all smarties!

Thanks, Nigella. This should help us to not lose so many threads off the back end here too.

Janie

• missmaggierock
    18 years ago

I hope I can figure this out. It always takes me a couple of test, but this looks like a really good way to share some of the pictures.

I dont have time right now, but I sure do thank you, Margaret, for sharing this with us.

• Bright199
    18 years ago

OK I opened my account and downloaded my first pic. My page looks different??? The pictures are lined up on the side and if you click on one it enlarges it in the middle of the page???? And boy is it huge!!! Can't see the whole pic... Help!!!!!!!!!

• jeaninwa
    17 years ago

OMGosh!

This is almost too easy! LoL

{{gwi:130142}}Â Â
    {{gwi:130143}}Â Â
    {{gwi:130144}}Â Â
    {{gwi:130145}}Â Â

THANK YOU NIGELLA!!!
    I know this was posted quite a while ago, but maybe it will come in handy for someone now.
    This is soooo much easier than trying to remember a code.
    Jean

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

I was understanding this I think until I read the last line about taking out the center command and the spaces. That's common for me--I follow the thought, then someone offers an alternative way and suddenly I am completely lost! LOL I will just have to practice this to learn it, but it is a great idea.

• barefootin
    17 years ago

See if I have this right....

{{gwi:130146}}Â Â

• barefootin
    17 years ago

test

{{gwi:130147}}Â Â
    {{gwi:130148}}Â Â
    {{gwi:130149}}Â Â

• jenfur427
    17 years ago

{{gwi:130150}}Â Â
    {{gwi:130151}}Â Â

AWESOME!

• Momof6
    17 years ago

YEAH...Tried it ...got it....thanks Margaret...(miss you)...thanks Jean for bumping it up...Mary

{{gwi:130152}}Â Â

• barbfrizzell1955
    17 years ago

Jean
    Love your kitty pic...so cute! What kind of plant is that in the 3rd & 4th picture? Is it hard to grow?

Barb

• nonacook
    17 years ago

Nigella didn't know just how much she would impact our lives even when she is no longer posting here. I think of her almost every day, because I have some plants that she gave me!

• jeaninwa
    17 years ago

Thanks Barb...the plant is Amaranth aka chenille plant aka love lies bleeding. It is VERY easy to grow. These are last years that I grew from seed. I grew more this year from seed I gathered from these plants. I have two brown paper grocery bags full of the flower heads that I'm hoping to get seeds from, so if anyone wants seeds....just send me a sase, and I'll get them out asap!

So, my pictures showed up here, but when I posted some on the conversations side, using this same method, they couldn't be seen....hmmmmmmmmm Wonder what I did wrong?

• bluedog04
    17 years ago

Jean,
    Love your kitty pic too! Do you mind me asking what breed your cat is? We adopted a cat that looks just like him and they thought he might be lynx siamese. We also adopted his sister and she looks like a lilac point.
    Thanks,
    Kelly

• terri_ks
    17 years ago

test
    {{gwi:130195}}

• terri_ks
    17 years ago

test just have to share thisHere is a picture of a kitten I trapped out of a sewer that was part of a feral colony.I have three from the litter and it is not true that ferals can never be tamed. He is sitting in my easter basket from last spring. His mother was just a
    {{gwi:130196}}

grey cat.

• Cheri_C
    17 years ago

Ok, I'm giving it a try.

{{gwi:130153}}Â Â
    {{gwi:130154}}Â Â

Oh, I just love it when I learn something new. Thanks for sharing this with us!!!

• mojojojogrlnj
    17 years ago

this was so much easier thanks:){{gwi:130155}}Â Â
    {{gwi:130156}}Â Â
    {{gwi:130157}}Â Â
    {{gwi:130158}}Â Â

{{gwi:130159}}Â Â

• User
    17 years ago

I hope I can remember how to do this once spring comes and our four feet snow drifts are gone.
    {{gwi:130160}}
    {{gwi:130161}}

• calpat
    17 years ago

I just opened an account with PhotoBucket and though they have some tuts that are pretty good, I'm a bit computer retarded sometimes and get lost. I just ran off a hard copy of these instructions to add to my collection of "get it right". Thanks so much for the post! Pat

• kirkus
    17 years ago

Thanks for the great posting!

{{gwi:130162}}

• beth1
    16 years ago

I'm going to give this a try and see if it works.

{{gwi:130163}}
    {{gwi:130164}}
    {{gwi:130165}}

• texas_nana
    16 years ago

had to join the crowd and try this. Thanks

{{gwi:130166}}
    {{gwi:130167}}

• dixiesmom
    16 years ago

Got it

{{gwi:130168}}
    {{gwi:130169}}
    {{gwi:130170}}
    {{gwi:130171}}

• painterchic98
    16 years ago

just have to try this....

{{gwi:130172}}

I've never posted pictures here before. never really posted much here at all.

{{gwi:130173}}

• nonacook
    16 years ago

Thought you might like to see this one over....

• tulipfarmer
    16 years ago

Yes, thanks - have to see if I can do this.

{{gwi:130174}}

Laurel
    {{gwi:130175}}
    {{gwi:130176}}

• easystitches
    16 years ago

Great tips thanks!
    I'm puter challenged too.
    I'm wondering, can you add thumbnails like that to emails? Does it depend what email your using? (I use thunderbird)

Also, can we save a complete thread here? Seems like the clippings thing just saves one message? And the searches lose pictures when they are old?
    Love all the pictures(esp the kitty!)
    Jill

• nonacook
    16 years ago

Bump

• jspeachyn5
    15 years ago

ok lets see if I can do this...

{{gwi:130177}}
    {{gwi:130178}}
    {{gwi:130179}}
    {{gwi:130180}}