Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thrift Store Finds

Posted by oldcrafty 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 25, 11 at 16:54

Made a good haul yesterday at the local thrift store!!! They had a special going on ....all purple tags .50. I scored a full lenghth all weather coat, was marked $10.00 got it for .50, blue jean jacket, marked $6.00 got it for .50 ,ski pants marked $4.75 for .50 (for DGD) and a watermelon set of serving pieces which included a tray, salt and pepper shaker, 3 small bowls, a glass whatever and a 2 compartment serving bowl with lid and 2 spoons marked $6.00 for .50 for ALL those pieces. And they had some other neat things I couldn't resist. A bird figurine .50, flamingo figurine .50, 2 wire wall pieces 1.50, a wind chime $3.00a small flower shaped bowl.50......my total bill when I walked out was $10.55!!!! I know the clothes aren't garden junk, but a good dael just the same! Smiled all the way to my car!! I see some Spring Fling items in that haul.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thrift Store Finds

Wowee!! Lucky you! What a haul! All of the GJ treasures are great as are you watermelon dishes! And your "new" coat looks like it's never been worn! Great day for you! TFS!

o

Wow, oldcrafty, doesn't it feel good to score big? I love it when I can find bargains. You did exceptionally well. You really got some neat items. I love that red flower looking thingie and the bird. Happy, happy for you!!!!

o

I LOVE that cat windchime...very blingy!

o

I like the cat and the watermelon....

o

You need the coat to go check out your garden or see what is buried under snow at least or shovel it, can't work out if you are cold! I think the cat is a hoot!! I'd smile every time I went by it! The shovel & rooster plaques are really neat too. Great haul & wonderful prices! Jan

o

What great finds!!
I love the cat and the little flower bowl!!
I hope to fair as well on Saturday as I travel the 1/2 off day at GW.

o

So exciting . . . I'm already thinking of things I'd love to create with them. Have a ball. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

o

Watermelon dishes...love 'em! Looks like some good stuff for your gardens & you can keep warm while out there, too! LOL! Good "haul!" TFS! Jeanne S.

o

I just came back from the thrift store and this is what I scored for a $1!! The face is porceline(face for a cast concrete leaf project), and the marble tiles are cool, and the 4"pots are for a "Pot Plant Project" in the back yard(something I saw in a magazine)
Photobucket

o

Wow oldcrafty! What great stuff for a steal!

And calamity, I cannot wait to see how your concrete project turns out using that face! I can only imagine. Fabulous tiles too, I don't do well working with those in projects, but they always look awesome.

o

WOW, calamity! ♥ the face! What a steal! Jeanne S. GJ time!!!!

o

Arggh! I'm staying out of TS for Jan and Feb, having challenged myself to use what I have. You guys don't make it easy! What great bargains.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here