Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
squirrel feeder

Posted by oldcrafty 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 7, 14 at 17:09

photo IMG_0541.jpg

Squirrel feeder I mosaiced on. It's a PVC pipe mounted on a fence board with a small shelf for the squirrel to stand on and dig kernals of corn out the small opening at bottom. And the stack of bricks is a project waiting for better weather!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: squirrel feeder

You have great mosaic skills! I love the tiles that you chose.

o

That is really neat. You have been very busy. Thanks again for sharing your creations. Marylee

o

Your mosaic is wonderful and I know the squirrels will also appreciate it. Please don't take offense when I say that I do my best to try and make all our bird feeders squirrel proof. Dear husband showed this to me tonight and I just had to share.the following attachment ...

Here is a link that might be useful: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=e833eb255a&view=att&th=1436fc81d7f71505&attid=0.1&disp=safe&zw

o

Yes Max lots of folks squirrel proof their bird feeders. We on the other hand love watching them and feed both the squirrels and the birds. In the front yard and the back yard. I have even built special feeders, other than the one I posted, just for the squirrels. My quest when I go to a craft show is to look for a squirrel feeder and that is something that is a rare find. I couldn't find anything in the link you sent except a google advertisement. I tried multiple times

o

Well, how crafty is that? Love your mosaic that you designed on the pvc. Looks like it will hold a ton of corn for the squirrels too!

o

Sorry the pic didn't post. Let me try again. Although I was badly frightened by a squirrel when I was a preteen this pic is just too cute.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pardon me but your bird feeder is emply

o

Wow you treat the squirrels well!! Beautiful feeder!! Max, that squirrel is so so cute just begging for someone to fill the bird feeder!! Jan

o

Thanks for posting that adorable pic Max Made my heart happy.....just hope someone felt sorry for him and fed him! The birds benefit from this feeder also. The squirrels just eat the heart out of the corn and the birds gather on the ground and clean up what the squirrel discards! so it's a win win situation.

o

Very nice. Mosaic makes it pretty.
Kathy

o

That is a very nice project oldcrafty! I admit I too feed the squirrels though not from their own feeder. Yesterday morning I was standing watching the bird feeding stations outside my sliding glass doors, laughing at the four squirrels hanging upside down and every which way from my latest 'squirrel proof' feeder. I spend all winter pretending I don't feed them even though I dearly love watching them and the birds sort things out.

Just wanted to say howdy to everyone on another frigid winter day. I enjoy this forum though seldom post.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here