Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
stone cross

Posted by oldcrafty 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 7, 14 at 17:16

stone cross photo DSCN0156.jpg

My dear hubby gave me this stone cross for Christmas. The yard stick was set there as a visual to see how large it is. A man in our area has recently starting making and selling these and he has quite a business going. The cross is actually cut out. The stone is about 1 1/2 inches think and takes 2 people to carry.The white is a template I put it in as I am going to mosaic on plexiglass and install. I am not fond of the idea of seeing my house thru the cross. As soon as I get my cross done and flower bed re-done it will go in my front flower bed. I am anxios to work on it. Hoping to start in a couple of days.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: stone cross

It's beautiful! The stone place up the street does these too. What color will the mosaic be?

o

If I understand you correctly the shape of the cross is cut entirely through the 1/2 inch depth of the stone? Amazing! It's going to be gorgeous.

o

That was a wonderful Christmas present!

o

Max.....yes the entire cross is cut all the way thru and the slab is about one and a half inches thick.
pkponder........is Azle near Molten? I know the guy that did this is from Molten and he sells in Ganado also , where mine came from.

o

That is awesome! What a nice gift from your DH! Can't wait to see how your mosaic looks when you're finished.

o

I plan to use green, blue, amber and red translucent stained glass. They are sort of shades in the jewel tones. Was limited in my selection at Hobby Lobby and not a fan of ordering on line. My friend orders and about half the time the colors are not as she expected. The worst part will be getting the plex cut and to fit nicely. After that it will be easy and go fast. Hope I don't go thru too many pieces of plexi before I get the right size and not broken!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here