Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindee11461

new glass hanging thingy (aka hanging totem)

cindee11461
17 years ago

OK I need a name for these things. I guess basically its a hanging totem? So I guess that is what I should call them(-: I went out on a limb here and tried to mosaic on a bottle.(thanks for everyones inspiration to try this)..the reason was because I have been saving these bottles my son drinks the beverage and the words are painted/baked on the glass so you can't remove them. SO I thought why not try this! So I did and it turned out pretty good I think. I used more recycled beads and copper tubing for the rest of it. The mosaic stuff I got on 50% off at Michaels(-:

{{gwi:130318}}

Comments (22)

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    17 years ago

That is just too prescious!! You do great work! I like the details of the little butterfly and beads. Well done!

• mayme
    17 years ago

cindee, that is just beautiful. Lucky you haveing all those blue bottles to work with.

• craftylady-2006
    17 years ago

Another fantastic piece of bottle art Cindee! I'm telling ya girl, you gotta sell these.

Sal

• foxygrandma9
    17 years ago

Just georgeous! I agree with sal, ya otta sell them. They are so great.

• curbdiver1954
    17 years ago

Those are all so wonderful, cindee!! Gotta ask, tho....which beverage are they from?? I LOVE the blue and the raised dots are so neat and unusual! Your idea for covering up the name is just perfect!!

Pat

• texaswild
    17 years ago

OHMYGOODNESS!!! This qualifies for "magnificient". You are one talented lady. That is just plain awesome. I mean, the hanging totem is in itself wonderful, but adding the mosaic and other embellishments sends it over the top. Take a DEEP bow.

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

What a great idea using the mosaic to cover up the words! All kinds of possibilities there. Very pretty too. Luvs

• TwoMonths
    17 years ago

saving this pic...how did you attach the chain?
    and is the bubble a christmas ornament?

you know slant that some and you could have a hummer feeder put in the opening....just put a piece of (new hint I just heard) of the florescent orange surveyor tape around the neck to attract them. They see florescent better than anything else.

again, beautiful

• tigerwiggy
    17 years ago

Really pretty. I thought that was an actual bubble at first. I bet it is really spectacular when then sun hits it. I'll have to put that on my to do list. I really like working with the vitreous glass.

• tasymo
    17 years ago

Very Clever, Cindee!! Is that a Bawls bottle? I had one that I finally tossed, 'cuz I couldn't figure out how to remove the writing! I may have to copy your technique with a really pretty green bottle I picked up at a yard sale. Your Airborn Totems are wonderful!

Kathy

• desiderata
    17 years ago

what comes in that bottle?
    I'm wondering if we have any around these parts...

I know we have a couple of nice wines that come in the cobalt but don't know about the knobby...too cool!

Becky

• Bright199
    17 years ago

Very creative. I love it!! Gotta get some copper tubing

• tasymo
    17 years ago

Desiderata- It's an energy drink called "Bawls"- honest!! I don't see it very often and I don't remember who makes it. I wasn't terribly impressed with the taste, or it's effectiveness (I'm an "Adrenaline Rush" Gal!) but the bottle is truly cool!!

Kathy

• cindee11461
    Original Author
    17 years ago

yep those are bawls bottles. LOL funny name I thought. I guess people who do a lot of gaming like them. My son is a gamer so him and his friends all drink them when they have gaming parties. I never tried it but told him to save the bottles for me. They are a pretty blue. I know you can order them online if you want to. Almost everything is available online I guess..(-:

• jeaninwa
    17 years ago

I really really love this...so many possibilities! WoW!

But.....but......but.......

How DID you attach the chain to the top????

• toomuchglass
    17 years ago

I Wanna know too ! DId you drill a hole ?

I HATE drilling ...I'd be so happy if there was another way to do it !

• cindee11461
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yes I did drill a hole to hang it. I bought a glass/ceramic drill bit. You can get them most places. I got mine at Sears cuz I just happened to be there(-: Hope that helps!

• leaveswave
    16 years ago

Oh, no, another missing picture!

:-(

• lilith_moonbeam
    16 years ago

Aww, I wanna see. >.

• cindee11461
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I put the picture back on for everyone that didn't get to see it ...(-:

• use2bcapecodr
    16 years ago

Very nice work! Love it!

~Sandy~

• sassy270380
    16 years ago

that is very creative,i love the butterflies.its amazing what a person can do.well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals