Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
azcactusflower

Spring Fling

azcactusflower
13 years ago

grammacindy, a Spring Fling would be just the thing to get us all into the garden junk fever again.(not that we are ever totally out of it!heh!heh!heh!) If you can do it I think all of us would really look forward to it. Spring is not too far away to start thinking of what we want to put into our gardens. Sharing creations and inspirations with each other will make it twice as much fun. It will certainly give us all something to look forward to.I have had so much fun since discovering this forum.I am still looking at older posts with all the ideas all of you have come up with. Amazing! Makes me want to do THIS, and THAT and SOMETHING MORE!!! There is no such thing as being bored with this forum.

Comments (20)

• chelcass
    13 years ago

I agree I think a *spring fling* is a super idea. just think of all the totem, plate flowers,chimes and other goodies we can collect material for. Watch out thrift shops here we come.

• nmgirl
    13 years ago

What's a Spring Fling? I feel I've missed something....
    : (

• tehuti
    13 years ago

Count me in, er, I think.

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

I am new to this forum. I also would like to know, "what is a Spring Fling?" It certainly sounds like fun.

Marylee

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

A Spring Fling is the springtime version of Secret Santa! Same sort of guidelines....it's just that once a year "junk" swapping isn't enough for us hardcore junkers! Gramma Cindy mentioned it and I'm going to try and get her my "guidelines" this weekend since she's been good enough to volunteer to coordinate it!

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

I'm in PLEEEEEEASE. The secret santa was so much fun I'm ready to do it again!

• dollydee
    13 years ago

Count me in too...I LOVED doing SS.. I had a blast picking out things to send and can't wait to use my new things this year, even though I'm going to have to start over from scratch with garden, landscaping, etc on the new lot. I dug up lots of hostas and cannas & buried them in containers to transplant in the Spring. Once we get moved next month, I have ALOT of planning/planting to do.

• chelcass
    13 years ago

I'm in. have lots of good stuff to share I collected last season. should be able to find lots of new/recycle stuff this year.

• a.girl.named.max
    13 years ago

I'd like to be included.

A girl named Max

• puggranny
    13 years ago

I would love to take part will watch for info

• mayme_1
    13 years ago

Sounds like something I might be interested in.
    Mayme In west Mi where gardening is just a dream
    right now.

• gramma_cindy
    13 years ago

Marlene sent me some tips & hints, so I'll work on getting it in gear! (thanks Marlene!)

• nmgirl
    13 years ago

As soon as you have a date please let us know. I need to set Junk Train dates.

• chelcass
    13 years ago

bumping up

• mjowest
    13 years ago

Hi Mayme- have we met before? I'm in West Michigan, too. Brrrr.... this morning!

I'd be interested in the spring fling, too... !

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    13 years ago

I'd like to get in on this swap as well. Can you email me with details or post details here? Thanks, jen

• kelly_oh
    13 years ago

Spring Fling sounds wonderful and we won't have to wait to open our boxes!!!! I'm IN!!!

• azcactusflower
    Original Author
    13 years ago

jensyen, granmmacindy is the coordinator for Spring Fling. She will compile a list of all the participants,then will send each one of us the name of the person we will be sending a gift to. When she posts the dates and is ready to hear from each participant, we will send her our mailing addres and a short list of things we like. For example, you might love dragonflies, things for totems,flowers, birds, turtles, squirrels, etc. That helps the person who receives your name to go shopping for things you like. They will then package the things up and send them to you. You will do the same for the person whose name you receive, you will shop for things they like and send them to them. It is a lot of fun! I hope I have explained things correctly. If I haven't, please someone correct me and reexplan things to our fellow junker. I think you will enjoy joining up with us.

• gardencraze
    13 years ago

Hi I want in too!!! I haven't been too active because I had a full time job, BUT....I lost my job. YEAAAAA now I can play without guilt.
    Spring fling sounds great I have alot of stuff to share.

• mary2010
    13 years ago

I wanna play too!!! Sounds like so much fun and I missed out on SS.