Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring Fling

Posted by azcactusflower 10 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 6, 11 at 17:51

grammacindy, a Spring Fling would be just the thing to get us all into the garden junk fever again.(not that we are ever totally out of it!heh!heh!heh!) If you can do it I think all of us would really look forward to it. Spring is not too far away to start thinking of what we want to put into our gardens. Sharing creations and inspirations with each other will make it twice as much fun. It will certainly give us all something to look forward to.I have had so much fun since discovering this forum.I am still looking at older posts with all the ideas all of you have come up with. Amazing! Makes me want to do THIS, and THAT and SOMETHING MORE!!! There is no such thing as being bored with this forum.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring Fling

I agree I think a *spring fling* is a super idea. just think of all the totem, plate flowers,chimes and other goodies we can collect material for. Watch out thrift shops here we come.

o
RE: Spring Fling?

What's a Spring Fling? I feel I've missed something....
: (

o

Count me in, er, I think.

o

I am new to this forum. I also would like to know, "what is a Spring Fling?" It certainly sounds like fun.

Marylee

o

A Spring Fling is the springtime version of Secret Santa! Same sort of guidelines....it's just that once a year "junk" swapping isn't enough for us hardcore junkers! Gramma Cindy mentioned it and I'm going to try and get her my "guidelines" this weekend since she's been good enough to volunteer to coordinate it!

o

I'm in PLEEEEEEASE. The secret santa was so much fun I'm ready to do it again!

o

Count me in too...I LOVED doing SS.. I had a blast picking out things to send and can't wait to use my new things this year, even though I'm going to have to start over from scratch with garden, landscaping, etc on the new lot. I dug up lots of hostas and cannas & buried them in containers to transplant in the Spring. Once we get moved next month, I have ALOT of planning/planting to do.

o

I'm in. have lots of good stuff to share I collected last season. should be able to find lots of new/recycle stuff this year.

o

I'd like to be included.

A girl named Max

o

I would love to take part will watch for info

o

Sounds like something I might be interested in.
Mayme In west Mi where gardening is just a dream
right now.

o

Marlene sent me some tips & hints, so I'll work on getting it in gear! (thanks Marlene!)

o

As soon as you have a date please let us know. I need to set Junk Train dates.

o

bumping up

o

Hi Mayme- have we met before? I'm in West Michigan, too. Brrrr.... this morning!

I'd be interested in the spring fling, too... !

o

I'd like to get in on this swap as well. Can you email me with details or post details here? Thanks, jen

o

Spring Fling sounds wonderful and we won't have to wait to open our boxes!!!! I'm IN!!!

o

jensyen, granmmacindy is the coordinator for Spring Fling. She will compile a list of all the participants,then will send each one of us the name of the person we will be sending a gift to. When she posts the dates and is ready to hear from each participant, we will send her our mailing addres and a short list of things we like. For example, you might love dragonflies, things for totems,flowers, birds, turtles, squirrels, etc. That helps the person who receives your name to go shopping for things you like. They will then package the things up and send them to you. You will do the same for the person whose name you receive, you will shop for things they like and send them to them. It is a lot of fun! I hope I have explained things correctly. If I haven't, please someone correct me and reexplan things to our fellow junker. I think you will enjoy joining up with us.

o

Hi I want in too!!! I haven't been too active because I had a full time job, BUT....I lost my job. YEAAAAA now I can play without guilt.
Spring fling sounds great I have alot of stuff to share.

o

I wanna play too!!! Sounds like so much fun and I missed out on SS.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here