Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dollydee_gw

The new Flea Market Gardens is out

dollydee
12 years ago

Picked up my copy today....some cute garden junk in there, several pretty sheds! I'm still determined to salvage the 100 year old house that's on our property... now that we're settled in, I'm planning to save what's left or salvage & rebuild. Can't stand to see it falling :(

Comments (34)

• toomuchglass
    12 years ago

That 100 year old house would make an AWESOME GROUP Project for us all to help with ! Hehehe ! Are we all invited ? :) :)
    Thanks for the heads up on the magazine - I love looking at other people's ideas.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, not here yet, dolly! Heard Feb 6th or 7th...so I'll keep looking! I bet it sells out again! Good 'garden junk' gardening ideas, uh! TFS! Jeanne S.

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Thanks for the heads-up, Dolly. I will look for it.

Marylee

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

Thanks......I looked last week and it wasn't out here yet. Guess I better look again

• amigirl
    12 years ago

Did it really sell out? I've been looking forever for the 2011 issue.

Sue

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Where do they usually sell them?

• dollydee
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Marlene, Kroger & Walmart both carry it

Sue, it sold out last year, this year's issue just came out

• coppertop367
    12 years ago

Went out this morning and found mine at Target. walmart did not have it yet...

• sandy1186
    12 years ago

Got mine at Home Depot this morning. They still had a bunch :)

Sandy

• tasymo
    12 years ago

I got mine at TSC, but also saw it at Wally World.

• mjowest
    12 years ago

Got mine today at the local small town grocery store!
    Well worth the $$!!!

• amigirl
    12 years ago

I found mine at Wal-Mart but I must be confused because the one I was looking for last year I thought was called Flea Market Gardening and had Kirkus and Mary's Whimsies in it. The front showed 2 kids walking in a garden and was selling for $31.95 on the net.

Can anyone set me straight?

Sue

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

There are two magazines...or there was last year. The one that was published once last year was Flea Market Gardens and the one that came from Sue and Anna on the Flea Markent Gardening website (facebook) was called Flea Market Gardening. It was quite expensive and there are no plans for another issue to be published as Anna Looper is no longer affiliated with the website. Flea Market Gardens is totally separate and it was awesome last year...I still haven't gotten my new edition...hope they don't sell out!

• mosswitch
    12 years ago

So far I haven't found it here. None at Walmart or Lowe's, and the new Home Depot here isn't goiing to be carrying books and magazines at all (!!!!! :( but I haven't checked the bookstores or Sam's yet.

• chelcass
    12 years ago

I just got mine at Fred's today. Fred's is a discount store like Dollar General etc.

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Got my magazine at Lowe's today. I found a lot of neat things in it.

Marylee

• kirkus
    12 years ago

I love the new magazine! Here it is posted below. Last year's copy inspired me to make my spigot garden art with the crystal droplet. :o) {{gwi:130413}}

• kirkus
    12 years ago

Here is a link to the Flea Market Gardening Magazine from the summer of 2011 that some have mentioned above. Kinda pricey but cool ideas. You can look at the magazine by clicking the link at the bottom of the photo of the magazine cover where it says, "Show Preview." :o) Several people from Garden Junk have photos in the magazine. :o)

Here is a link that might be useful: Flea Market Gardening

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Got mine at Target today! Can't wait to dive in. Also found this other magazine called Romantic Gardens Flea Market Styles...it looks equally as cool.

• mosswitch
    12 years ago

Finally found one at Hastings!

I was avoiding going there, because I always buy more books. Oh well.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Yay! I got mine on Sun at Walmart ...don't usually go there on weekends...but I survived! (stood in line about 10 min before getting ckd out...busy, busy!) But it was worth it! I think we teach FMGarden a few things & they teach us! LOL! Jeanne S.

• rafor
    12 years ago

Has anyone gotten any new ideas from this issue? Seems the folks on GW have already been doing these things for years. I know I have!

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

A lot of the things in there are ideas that we have been using for a long time, but I find ways to change or improve things I have and some new ideas to boot. I just love looking at and reading about all of the ideas.

• pippi21
    12 years ago

I picked mine up one day this past week or maybe it was last week. I love this magazine! Wished they would do it by subscription..I take a look at it everyday and see something I miss the last time I looked at it. Living in a gated, Sr. Citizens community, I can only use some of those ideas. Another magazine I enjoy is Country gardens..

• pippi21
    12 years ago

Kirkus..I agree with you, it is rather pricey..but I've noticed all the flower gardening magazines on the newstands run $9.95 or $10.95 anymore. I choke when I see the price, but I don't smoke or drink(only a few drinks a year)and I don't do a lot of shopping for myself and these gardening magazine is cheaper than paying a therapist!

• nonacook
    12 years ago

I bought it a Walmart, but I really didn't find ANYTHING in it that was different than the things that have been here before at Garden Junk.

• laurastheme
    12 years ago

I haven't found it anywhere. Even googled it with no luck.

• dollydee
    Original Author
    12 years ago

There are some on eBay

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

laura...here I've seen it @ Walmart, Sam's Club ...they do have a Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Flea-Market-Gardens/200752996624150

...and this was in the 'info' part of that Flea Market Garden Facebook page:

Release Date
    Annually in February

About
    Debra Wittrup, Editor

Description
    To purchase single copies of Flea Market Gardens, contact Ian Miller 212-462-9624.

I enjoyed last yr's copy & am enjoying this one, too. This FB page is NOT afflicated w/Facebook 'Flea Market Gardening' which has lots of members, me included.

Hope this helps...I love our Garden Junk site & hopefully Spring will be here soon to share & enjoy everyone's ideas & pics! Jeanne S.

• laurastheme
    12 years ago

I'll check out ebay. I have looked at walmart, target, rite aid, walgreens and the 2 grocery stores here.

• kirkus
    12 years ago

Laura, I just saw 4 at BiMart in our little town last night. Have you found an issue yet?

• laurastheme
    12 years ago

I ordered one from ebay. Should be getting it soon.

• TwoMonths
    12 years ago

Found one today in Home Depot...it looked like it had been read a few times already...but that is ok. Did you all notice there are directions in there on how to age different metals?

• mjowest
    12 years ago

So many magazines out there right now about junk, gardens, decorating... make sure you get the correct one! lol