Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
garden mirror stakes

Posted by indigosunshine none (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 18, 13 at 19:05

Finally got my winter craft area cleaned up so I can start on some garden junk. I found 4 small vent caps (I think that is what they are)for a dime each at a yard sale and I'm covering them with broken mirror;the mirror tile was a dollar a box of four also at a yard sale. I will attach them to a stake and will put them in the flower bed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: garden mirror stakes

I was just saying how much I love mirrors in the garden! This is a nice and economical project that delivers plenty of 'bling'! Just beautiful!

TFS!

o

Those will look very cool & shimmery in your gardens! Jeanne S.

o

Love them. What a great idea.

o

The reflection of colors in your garden should be beautiful, all shimmery and shiney. Great idea!

o

You have the patience of a saint to sit and glue those little pieces of mirror on. They will look awesome in the garden I'll bet!

o

A great idea would be to cut up old CD's and use the back of them. I love this idea! I might have to create this one! :)

o

Those are gonna look amazing in your garden......what a clever idea!

o

Love them!
Kathy

o

Hi haven't been here in a while, I have been thinking how to add mirrors to my garden too. I like your idea and cannot wait to see the finished mirror art.

o

Indigo...

Did you finish your garden mirror stake project? Did you grout the mirrors? I would love to see pics of your finished garden stakes.

o

Max, sorry this isn't the best picture. They are still out there in the cold and holding up pretty good. I did not use grout. Underneath I glued a wine cork that I'd drilled a hole into so it would set a small plastic rod. The whole project was cheap and only took a few hours(to let the adhesive dry) and I think they are a pretty addition to the flower bed. Carol

o

I really like them! Are the edges of the mirror pieces sharp? What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

o

I love them and I bet that I could do that! Thanks for mentioning the cork! Perfect solution!

o

Nice look in garden & love the rustic bench too! Jan

o

Your garden stakes are great. I love the way they look in your garden. I will have to try that one myself.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here