Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
indigosunshine

quirky corner

indigosunshine
11 years ago

Aussie-Mum said something about a quirky corner in her garden....I love the idea! This picture here could be the start of one for me...or maybe somewhere else in the garden. Hmmm I'll have to give that some more thought. That is what winter is for: to plan something new in the spring, right?

Comments (12)

• aussie_mum
    11 years ago

Yay! I love 'the hands'! :)

I've just posted a photo of my 'quirky corner' location on my other thread - it's not quite a lush as your corner! LOL! Mines is definitely a work in progress!

Maybe other people will be inspired to join the "Quirky Corner" bandwagon? :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to the other thread - scroll down for photo of my 'Quirky Corner'

• indigosunshine
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm thinking that my corner might be too lush to be quirky except for the hand chairs. I may have to make a new area somewhere in the yard for my quirky corner. My head is just spinning with ideas. Hoping others will join us! Lucky you to score the big clock! Love love love huge clocks outside!
    Carol

• aussie_mum
    11 years ago

I hope others will join us....though they might think "We ALREADY have quirky corners....it's called a garden!" LOL!! I'm restricting my 'quirkiness' to just the garden....FOR NOW! :)

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

Very nice, great blue & nice place to "sit a spell"Jan

• oldcrafty
    11 years ago

What a lovely corner.

• chickiebabeblue
    11 years ago

Great idea! Love your hands. I've been looking for some of those for myself. My neighbors probably think I'm nuts as my quirky stuff is in my front yard.

• 1wanderer
    11 years ago

I think my whole garden (and house) is a bit quirky. I just have 'stuff' everywhere lol
    Last year I found this old door which has been sitting in the garage as I can't find a blank wall to hang it on and I don't have a 'woman's shed' or it would be THE door!
    I imagine it will look even better when it is cleaned up a little!

• 1wanderer
    11 years ago

Closer up pic of part of the door
    Does this look like a spiders web or what???

• aussie_mum
    11 years ago

Love the "spider's web" effect! :)

• indigosunshine
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I collect doors too; barn doors, screen doors, etc. Love them...love yours!

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    11 years ago

I absolutely love that door, if it was mine it would become a hall tree with crystal door knobs for hangers, and a little bench added to the bottom, hang an old antique framed mirror on it. It would be fabulous. Please do something awesome with it and come back and show it off.
    The color is just incredible, I wouldn't do a thing other than wash off the dirt.
    Take a look at some of these, just click on the images option.

Here is a link that might be useful: hall tree from old door

• 1wanderer
    11 years ago

Wow thanks ravencajun. I've never heard of a 'hall tree' Some pretty neat ideas there.
    I've no idea what I will end up doing with it. I just loved it and had to have it. Atm its sitting in the garage til I come up with a plan

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus