Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looked though my stash & came up with this....

Posted by shpnquen z5 IN (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 19, 11 at 19:38

totem

I was trying to make some room in one of my craft cabinets a couple of weeks ago & discovered I had a stash of many clear glass pieces, among other colors as well, & thought I really need to make a totem out of these. I like the look of it resembling a sort of gazing ball on a stand. I added some leftover glass gems to give it a little color because the globe piece had round flat spots that were calling for something else pretty to be added to them. I'm debating about adding more gems to the tips of the bottom dish, but haven't decided if it would do any good with that part possibly sitting on the ground.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looked though my stash & came up with this....

I like it!!

o

Very attractive as is!! The ones on bottom would get dirty or not show. I would leave it alone!! Jan

o

Very, very pretty, the blue is just the right touch of color.
Frou

o

Pretty . . .kinda reminds me of a disco ball (haha).

o

shpnquen - That totem is absolutely beautiful. The gems give just the right touch. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

o

FOUND! The missing scepter of the Ice Queen.

Very nice
Robert

o

luv luv luv it!!!!

o

Another lovely project. It will look great in your garden with the sunlight sparkling on it. Come on Spring! Jlily

o

Beautiful! I think the gems you have on there now are just right. I would leave it as is.

o

Very Cool!!

o

Very pretty! Unless this will be sitting on cement or somewhere it won't get dirty (as suggested by sunnyca)I think I would leave it as is.

o

Looks very REGAL and Victorian

o

Love it!!!! Looks great to me!!!!

o

LOL! Ditto what Robert said! Very nice!

o

Very elegant. What a great idea to make it with a ball on top. Illove the blue too!
Kathy

o

If you put in on a large microwave plate, and do NOT bury the plate, it will help keep the rain/dirt from splashing onto the totem, and getting it dirty.

o

I tried to respond with a huge thanks yesterday, but my computer wasn't playing nice...humpf!

@ Robert- LOL!! I think you are so right about that, and the Ice Queen can't be far away considering the frigid sub-zero temps we've had here the past few days!! I got news for her though, she's NOT getting her scepter back!

@ nonacook, I was just thinking about that when I spotted one at the Habitat restore the other day & thought it would be perfect for this if the microwave plate was upside down. We'll see when the snow clears & spring rains subside before I decide on what to do.

Now I'm thinking about what to do with the next one on the list!!

o

Absolutely stunning!! It will certainly standout in your garden. Will glisten with sun shing through it. Luv it!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here