Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Bell Wind Chimes Finished

kirkus
13 years ago

Hi everyone! As promised, Carol and I finished our bell windchimes, working on the project together. Here is the finished chime. It was a bit windy here today, and the bells sounded sweet all together. Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:130539}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Original Post about Bells

Comments (16)

• puggranny
    13 years ago

Ok guys you are way to good Love the chimes and all the blue

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Kirk, your wind chime is really neat. The blue is so pretty. - Marylee

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Lovely against the backdrop of snow. Kirk, maybe you can mention whether it is safe to have glass out in winter. I know some have mentioned, if they get water in them(like a birdbath) they might crack. What about frost on the outside of the bells,would that crack them if it is 32 degrees or lower. I have a couple of blue containers with corks in them by the house & on the ground & they have been OK but with so many getting worse weather than usual think we need a primer on what is safe & what isn't. Jan

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Great project, kirk & carol! They are GORGEOUS! Very, very lovely! What a bargain ...even w/shpg costs! Yes, they look beautiful against the white snow, too! Jeanne S.

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone! Another fun project! :o) We're thinking about doing a similar one with metal bells.

Jan, I bring most of my glass inside in the winter. I did leave my bottle tree out this year as an experiment. It looks great in the snow...if a bottle breaks, I figure I can always replace it. Carol and I made our blue wine bottle chime several years ago, and it has fared well. We've left it outside year-round. It is under the eaves. This bell chime is under the edge of our covered porch. We'll see how it does. :o) Stay tuned. :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Those bells are wonderful, kudos to you and Carol. I love how they look against the snow.

hugs, Karen

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I love that shade of blue almost as much as the cobalt, it's a toss up.(It looks kinda tealish?) You all are so talented and it's so nice that you like to do some crafting together.
    Frou

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

They turned out beautifully!! Love the color of them and I'll bet they have a sweet sound!

• chelcass
    13 years ago

Very pretty, I love cobalt blue

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

They are very pretty. They are beautiful against the snow and what a different look they will have come summer....equally as beautiful.

• shpnquen
    13 years ago

Oh! this is just so pretty Kirk!! Thanks for sharing you & your wife's work with us here!

• desertrat1
    13 years ago

Looking GREAT Kirk and Carol!!!! Thanks for posting....Were those originally bells? Perfect snow backdrop too.
    Love, Jules

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for your encouragement, everyone! You made our day! Jules, those are glass bells strung together in a windchime. :o) Great, sweet sound! Bear Hugs! Kirk & Carol

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

The bells are beautiful and stringing them into a chime was a great idea.
    I leave my glass out all winter. The plate flowers look really cool with snow on them.
    Kathy

• bearpaw1
    13 years ago

Wow! What a beautiful job you did on this wind bell. I especially love the blue color. You can never go wrong with blue! I make a lot of wind bells but they are hand carved ceramic. I love your bells. Well done!

Here is a link that might be useful: index

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Cool chimes, Bearpaw1! Cool name too...bearpaw1...I love bears! Bear Hugs! Kirk