Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nmgirl_gw

Spring Fling or Junk Train?

nmgirl
13 years ago

It was confusing and tedious for me trying to track these two discussions by popping back and forth on both GJ forums so I'm attempting to consolidate them on one post, or at least offering to consolidate them. And before anyone says anything I know that technically this should be on the Conversations side of the forum but GW wouldn't let me log in or post over there. I somehow managed to log in on this side, I'm still not sure how, so here it is.

Is there a consensus on which one folks would like to do?

Can we do both?

It sounds like a Spring Fling is like the SS gift exchange. It's a short term event and you swap goodies with someone. Right?

Junk Train takes longer but you "swap" with more people. Actually more of a grab bag instead of a swap.

Thoughts? Comments? Votes? Ovaltine?

Comments (10)

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

I am a newbie on this forum but I personally enjoyed the ss so much. I would like to do the Spring Fling. It just seems more personal and you get to know what your person is like and what they like to make. It was fun to try and find just the right things to send to the person assigned to you. Just my own thoughts, so I cast a vote for Spring Fling. If possible maybe those who want to do the Junk Train can do that and those who want to do Spring Fling can do that. Maybe we need a coordinator for each one so there are no mixups. Maybe after we get a few responses it will be clearer to all of us. They both sound like fun.
    Anyway these are my ideas. LOL!!!

• chelcass
    13 years ago

I would love to do both. say do the Spring Fling (secret ??) with a deadline of April 12 (or whatever day in April) with the theme being on spring time items, flowers, totem, etc. start the Junk Train in July or August and the theme would be anything goes. Or if people are up to it run both at the same time............that would be interesting. I love the idea of the Sping fling because it is short term and the Junk Train..........well I would like to have JT visit again. That was really a hoot.

For our newbies, we did a summer one last year and it was so much fun. Kirk and carol were our leaders what a blast! Poor Kirk I had him fooled.......lol

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

If anyone wants to know more about the "Junk Train," you can just type in junk train in the search box above, hit "go"...& you'll see several posts as it travelled for the year.

nmgirl & Marlene were the co-ordinators...nmgirl started it out in Jan. 09 ... & it made it's round trip thru the year & then ended bk with nmgirl. She just posted some new pics on the conversation side of JT at her place this past yr.

Our Purplemoon, here on the forum, also kept an updated album of JT, the Junk Train Mascot, in the Garden Junk Inspiration Albums...I've posted the link below...there's 148 pics you can watch as a slideshow, if you wish.

If anyone takes this on, I would like to be included as a station where the Junk Train visits. Thanks! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: JT the Junk Train Mascot ...Inspiration album

• lindasewandsew
    13 years ago

I haven't participated in either of these, but my vote would be for the junk train. It's fun to see photos of JT all over the place in her travels, and it spreads the fun out over a year or so. Here are a couple of shots of evil cousin TJ, who saw the Christmas photos, but likes the ongoing news of JT, lol. Linda

{{gwi:130638}}

{{gwi:130639}}

• a.girl.named.max
    13 years ago

I'd be open to one, or the other, or both!

A girl named Max

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

I read chelcass post then I read the post by jeannespines. I went back and went through the old posts about the junktrain like suggeted,and now I think I get the idea of how it works. I don't see why we can't do both, like chelcass suggested, it would be fun if we could manage it.
    I want to do both now, I have been convinced. NMgirl, maybe you could write a post outlining what we will be expected to do and what we should expect and clarify it for us newbies so we really get a good pic of it.
    I'm willing to try, it would just make the fun last that much longer. What do you think NMgirl, would it be feasible to do both?

• gramma_cindy
    13 years ago

nmgirl, I'll be glad to do the Spring Fling if you'll do the Junk Train!

• shpnquen
    13 years ago

I wasn't able to participate in the SS, and even tho hubby is still laid off, I'm pretty sure I could find some stuff to still be able to participate in the SF.

Still need to check out the Junk Train to see if I want to give that a whirl.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

You know I'm always in when it comes to sharing and acquiring new "junk!"

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Please put me onboard....I wanna ride!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH