Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msjay2u

looky @ what I found

msjay2u
15 years ago

I was on the internet looking for inspiration and I thought I would share what I found...people out there so talented!

{{gwi:130673}}

{{gwi:130674}}

{{gwi:130675}}

{{gwi:130676}}

{{gwi:130678}}

{{gwi:130680}}

{{gwi:130681}}

{{gwi:130682}}

{{gwi:130683}}

{{gwi:130684}}

{{gwi:130685}}

glass doorknob in painted pvc

{{gwi:130686}}

{{gwi:130687}}

{{gwi:130688}}

{{gwi:130689}}

{{gwi:130690}}

wind spinner

{{gwi:130691}}

{{gwi:130692}}

{{gwi:130693}}

{{gwi:130694}}

{{gwi:130695}}

Comments (27)

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Wow! Some really cool ideas! Makes me wish that warmer weather would get here a little sooner so I can get back to my garden and garden junk! Thanks for sharing these!

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Fantastic photos!!!! Thank you.

Susie

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Wow is that some awesome stuff! I can't figure out what I like the best. If I consider things I could actually do (which means forget the huge plant fountain and Aztec thing) I am liking those fairy Barbies, the bird birdhouse and that planted rocker. I wonder how a Barbie would look mosaiced ...

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Great stuff!! The faucet flower is great tho I don't think I would put it in bucket of nails. Bottle bugs are cute & lots of other things!! Wonder how neighbor's like bikes on the fence!!LOL A whole springtime of stuff to make!! Jan

• mzclassic
    15 years ago

OMG, those things are wonderful! Ah gee...more things I wanna make. *grin* Thanks for sharing.

Donna in Florida

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Wow there are some very good ideas here. Thanks for posting.

Kathy

• leveta
    15 years ago

OH BOTTLE BUGS!!!!!

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

thank you so much. I kept looking over and over. Can you tell me where the head with the flower tears is? I'd like to visit that place if I'm ever nearby! (Dh and I visit gardens where ever we go.) Gotta do something with cds. DD just brought all her barbies to a friend with a little girl. Maybe I can get one back, lol. So much to think about!
    kathy

• msjay2u
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I like a lot of these things and I am hoping that it is going to inspire me to do more. I plan to get started in the spring although I will be looking for pieces now.

concretenprimroses you got me in trouble. I tried to find where that garden was and found more stuff! LOL

I am saving this thread in my clippings and refer to it often so that I can be inspired. hope it works!!
    and I also hope I don;t turn into a neighbor from hell. LOL!!

{{gwi:130696}}

{{gwi:130697}}

{{gwi:130698}}

{{gwi:130699}}

{{gwi:130700}}

{{gwi:130701}}

{{gwi:130702}}

{{gwi:130704}}

{{gwi:130705}}

{{gwi:130706}}

{{gwi:130707}}

{{gwi:130708}}

{{gwi:130709}}

{{gwi:130710}}

{{gwi:130711}}

made with silk flowers
    {{gwi:130712}}

{{gwi:130713}}

{{gwi:130714}}

{{gwi:130715}}

{{gwi:130716}}

{{gwi:130717}}

{{gwi:130718}}

{{gwi:130719}}

{{gwi:130720}}

{{gwi:130722}}

a compost bin from instructables,com
    {{gwi:130723}}

{{gwi:130724}}

{{gwi:130726}}

{{gwi:130727}}

{{gwi:130728}}

{{gwi:130729}}

{{gwi:130730}}

{{gwi:130731}}

{{gwi:130732}}

{{gwi:130733}}

• addicted2junk
    15 years ago

I am in awe. All these pictures have me inspired. I've been in a slump since the cold weather came but not anymore. Thanks for sharing all those wonderful pictures. I'm off to create :) :)
    Cindy

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

T H A N K S ! ! ! msjay2u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*** I'll tell you which one is my FAVORITE ONE!!!!!

~ ~ ~ E * V * E * R * Y * O * N * E ! ! ! ! ~ ~ ~ ~

Yes..................... I LUV them * A * L * L !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    much it let me take
    a nice little break............ from my
    mice chasing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! ! ! !

God Bless !
    SusieSunshine

**** Let's Do Them ALL ! ! !

tee hee
  • msjay2u
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I really like the bottle bugs, the mailbox man, barbie fairies, the garden hose guide (glass knob in pvc pipe), the bottle tree with bottle caps, the flower pot bird feeder, welcome sign, the glass totem pole bird feeders, barrel compost bin, the candle holder on the shell base and of course the bird houses. Well those are my favorites but I like a lot of the ideas on here.

Oh and I forgot to mention I never did find that garden again. LOL

Hopefully I will not be getting on my neighbors nerves! Luckily I only have one neighbor!!

• nanagrandma
    15 years ago

Oh I am salivating!
    What great ideas!
    What artistry!
    Can't wait to start!

Sylvia
    Con El favor de Dios

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Some more inspiring pictures! I have a weakness for metal junk animal sculptures. I love that dragon! I like what the person did with the toy horsey and the painted chandelier. The bottles with the pretty flower cap looks like awesome hummingbird feeders. The license plate birdhouses with the old dashboard look very cool too. Love that tinman head birdhouse too. Gosh, I just love it all!

Thanks for finding so many inspiring ideas!

• leveta
    15 years ago

What site did you say you found these things on??? Or did you.....Hummmm....

• lindasewandsew
    15 years ago

Here's the album with the face hedges. Click on the garden folder. Don't know anything else about it. Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Album with the face hedges

• msjay2u
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Leveta...I did several searches on google images and went through over 300 pages to collect all those photos. It was not all on one site till now LOL. I posted them so I can save them to my clippings, that way I know where they are in the future and also to share with you guys. I know I was salivating so I figured you guys would like it as well. I wish there was a way to get all the photos on gardenweb without going through all the messages. There are some good photos in here too. I did find a lot of photos especially from the poster who has the website empress of dirt but I did not post her photos because we can go to her page. She has some good stuff on her site as well.

I have good news!! I thought about the bowling balls and how to get some for cheap or free. I called the bowling alleys and no luck. then I remembered I am a member of my local yahoo freecycle group so I posted an ad looking for bowling balls. I got a response yesterday from a lady who said she had 2 I can have. She said she got hers a couple of years ago to do a mosiac project for her garden but never got around to it. She lives pretty close to me too. I pick them up tomorrow. whoooo whooooo!!!! let the junkiing begin!!!

I have to do a search on here to see what kind of glue I need. Also has anyone done the penny ball? If so how does it hold up over time. Does it get a patina and fuzzy looking? Does that look good or horrible?

okay gotta go do some my research because those bowling balls will get done over THIS weekend....
    lindasewandsew thanks for finding that link. I could not remember what term I used to find it in the search and I spent hours trying to find it again.

• leveta
    15 years ago

msjay2u thank you that you put the pic's in one place for us. I never find anything good like that when I google. Type bowling ball into search. I have seen some amazing ones done on here and the penny ones also...

• lindasewandsew
    15 years ago

To find the album, I right clicked on the photo. At the bottom of the pop up list is 'properties'. I clicked on properties and this is the address that came up 'http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/eglobe1/garden/garden_art6.jpg'. That's an image file because it ends with .jpg, and when I copied it and pasted it in the address line, it didn't go anywhere, so I took off some of the end of the address. It then read-
    'http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/eglobe1/garden/ The album came up when I hit enter. That may work for other photos, but I don't know if it works if the photo comes from another photo site. Linda

• cait1
    15 years ago

WOW!!! What a fabulous collection of pics!! Thanks so much for collecting these for us. So much inspiration, so little time!
    Cait - sweltering in Victoria, going up 104 degrees!!!!!!

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

WOW...lots of neat ideas here!!

~Sandy~

• msjay2u
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thanks Linda for helping with that. Some of the phtotos I had to do a screenshot and then save it to my photobucket album. some of them will be directed to where they came from though. I had fun doing it. I decided the house with the words,,,I am going to do something similar with my barn. I contacted an amish guy on ebay to see if he can do the letters for me. He does not charge $4 a letter like some of the other ones. I hope he does it for me!!

Oh and I picked up my bowling balls today. what luck. so I came home real quick to get the name of that glue so I can run back out and buy it and I am off to my first project. FINALLY!!!

I inspired myself to get moving. I am tired of the winter blues and time to do something about it!!

• kirkus
    15 years ago

WOWSERS! I am so inspired by the pictures you have collected! GREAT STUFF! Thanks for putting them together in a post! Where is spring? Thanks for the inspiration!!!! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• msjay2u
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am so glad you guys enjoyed the photos. Just when I thought I found them I found a couple more!

{{gwi:130734}}

{{gwi:130735}}

{{gwi:130736}}

{{gwi:130737}}

{{gwi:130739}}

{{gwi:130740}}

{{gwi:130741}}>

{{gwi:130742}}

{{gwi:130743}}

{{gwi:130744}}

{{gwi:130745}}

{{gwi:130747}}

• lindasewandsew
    15 years ago

You're welcome msjay. I have a great license plate guy. Email me if you want his email. He's very reasonable AND reliable. Thanks for posting all the great pics. There's so much out there to find. I hadn't searched for much lately. Linda

• msjay2u
    Original Author
    15 years ago

i called the DMV today and asked them what they do with the license plates that are turned in and if they would consider letting me recycle them for them. LOL. I also emailed a couple of aluminum recycle places. I will let you know if I hear anything. I hate when I have to pay postage on the internet but if all else fails I will email you about your plate guy.

I brought 8 bags of assorted color luster style flat marbles for my bowling ball project from the dollar store. Everywhere else they were $2.94 a bag. I went to the dollar tree website and found you can order 24 bags of gems for $24 and have them delivered to your local store for free. The gems are flat and the marbles are round by the way. This is news for people who use them a lot or sell crafts at the flea market. 24 bags of these is equal in price to 8 bags in Walmart!! and it was recommended that 8 bags will do one bowling ball. so that equates to 3 balls of gems for the smae price as one from Walmart or Joannes. You can see all of them on the webpage under the "floral and decor/floral arranging" links. Also Dollar tree has oil and vinegar jars that I think will be VERY nice to make bottle bugs out of although the bottle is so nice I might wind up keeping it for oil and vinegar. LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: dollar tree direct website

• msjay2u
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I went to a junk thrift store and found lots of ribbed bottles for 50 cents each. I brought 3 to start off on my bottle bugs but I could not find 20 gauge wire. I think I might have some in the barn though.

So here is the plan for this weekend...
    I am making some bottle bugs and also working on my bowling ball. I got the gems but I wanted one of them to be a penny ball but no one answered me about how the penny balls looks after they have weathered for a while. next question. I was thinking of decorating one of my windows with some of the glass gems. I wonder if I can do it using that silicone II sealer and if I do and hate the idea later if the sealer will come off the window with no damage. Looking for suggestions. I promise not to post anymore "inspiration" photos.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Loudoun County, Virginia