Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Green-less Garden Junk in the Snowy Weather (pic heavy)

jeannespines
12 years ago

I love garden junk ...& now I can only enjoy gardening outdoors with my camera. So today was a warmer snowy day & I got outside!

Here's that bright 'red' sun near the door arbor garden!

{{gwi:130870}}

It was cast iron when I got it & I spray-painted it for a pop of color!

Nearby is Gr'pa's Rake garden...I've shared pics of this w/you all ...Autumn Clematis is the last thing to bloom here plus Mint...looks pretty darn good today, too!

{{gwi:130871}}

Headed out into my Secret Garden in the Pines ...here's that old Celestial Barwood Door:

{{gwi:130872}}

Isn't it gorgeous w/the snow cover! Heavy wet snow 2" additional snow this morning.

Remember the whiskey barrel bands 'Sphere' I just shared recently...well, it hasn't been rolled around any yet! LOL!

{{gwi:130873}}

Walking a little further into the woods & this this birdhouse pops out w/it's red colors on a big old stump ...near another old farm mower blade shown in this pic:

{{gwi:130874}}

Nearby I couldn't miss my GJ blue bottle fence! It looks so pretty in the white snow!

{{gwi:130875}}

Look how they shine up close!

{{gwi:130876}}

{{gwi:130877}}

OK, any of you 'painters,' out there...here's a Winter project for ya ...here's my old window painted & gifted by a good friend ...this is the 3rd or maybe 4th yr out now...loved how it looked w/the snow!

{{gwi:130878}}

Close-up:

{{gwi:130879}}

Hope you enjoyed seeing my 'old' GJ ....in the snowy Winter! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (19)

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Love your painted window in the snow! The red birdhouse roof looks so inviting! birds must love it. All the snow covered or partly covered items look so cozy! TFS Jan

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

It all looks beautiful in the snow. The blue bottles sparkle and the red touches here and there are delightful, I really love that sphere. I'm almost ready to take apart my old barrel that I use as a stand on the porch to get at the metal bands. Inspired me to search for recycled wine barrels and look what a vinyard is doing! I wonder if they reuse the metal on new barrels as there aren't any spheres!
    TFS
    Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: recycled wine barrels

• pixie_lou
    12 years ago

I just love that blue bottle fence. I just may start collecting blue bottles after seeing that!

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Jeanne, Everything is beautiful! Love the painted window. That is something I want to try. Thanks so much for sharing.

Marylee

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Everything is looking so great in the snow Jeanne! Love the red sunshine and the red topped house in the snow. Your bottle fence looks great too! Looks inviting even though it looks really cold...beautiful!

• nmgirl
    12 years ago

Great photos!

• jlily
    12 years ago

Beautiful pictures but I am glad the snow is there and not here! I love it all! Thanks for sharing! Jlily

• spedigrees z4VT
    12 years ago

Jeanne, your garden ornaments look just as lovely in winter as in summer! What a treat your photos are!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for lookin' & commentin', GJers! Feb is here now ...lookin' forward to Spring ideas! Jeanne S.

• tru01
    10 years ago

I absolutely love all of it! Can you tell me what kind of paint your friend used on the window?

• PKponder TX Z7B
    10 years ago

I missed this one until now. There's something inspirational in every picture! I need to find a pic of Grandpa's Rake Garden while it's blooming!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

tshallow ...my friend just used outdoor acrylic paints & it's been out there for some time...it's faded some & it's in the shade alot ...but still looks great!

Here's a July '11 pic of Gr'pa's rake garden w/a visiting friend, Campbell, sitting on the sit! LOL! Thanks for your comments, GJer's. Jeanne S.

{{gwi:130880}}

• PKponder TX Z7B
    10 years ago

Hi Campbell! That is the blackest hollyhock that I've ever seen! I love this garden in green and in white!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, I love those dark Hollyhocks ...I've been getting more to seed back in another garden, too. They're called 'Alcea rosea nigra.'

Cold & rainy around here yet... here's pic from the other day...still waiting on Spring ...but the moisture is so appreciated!! Thanks, GJer's. Jeanne S.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    10 years ago

Was the moss already on the birdhouse roof or did it just grow there? Such a pretty look!

Pam

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

pkponder ...the moss grew there ...my hubby & I make old barnwood birdhse & that one has been out there many yrs! Thanks! Jeanne S.

• Corkelcol
    10 years ago

I love your pics of the snow. We don't get any snow here so, your pics are a treat. Thanks for posting them.

• laurastheme
    10 years ago

LOVE the red sun and the painted window!

• samhain10 - 5a
    10 years ago

Some great ideas here! Yes, still cold here, too, and snowing at the moment. Have been in the process over the past couple of years, of moving my perennial garden into the same area as my veggie garden. Will save this page for reference - thanks for posting the pics; it was worth the wait! :)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?