Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For all you mosaic fans

Posted by nmgirl 8 S.NM (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 13, 11 at 22:33

This wall's along a local highway. It faces east, some morning I'll get down there and snap a photo of it in the morning light. It's striking!
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For all you mosaic fans

Beautiful! Is the mosaic stone or glass? I ABSOLUTELY love it! Inspires me to do something like this! Thanks so much for sharing! Bear Hugs! Kirk

o

It's beautiful!Jan

o

Hi Kirk,
The mosiac is combination of different types of tile and chunks of mirror. The tiles are ceramic floor, glazed-looks like standard 4"x4"-and some sort of stone.

o

Wow, that would be a lovely backdrop for a field of Purple Coneflowers! It is beautiful in itself tho. TFS! Jeanne S.

Photobucket

o

That is a beautiful wall and the Purple Coneflowers are lovely. I have the coneflowers, I wish I had the wall. - Marylee

o

That was a job and a half I bet!

o

Great looking wall!

o

A field of coneflowers!!! What a fab idea! I L.O.V.E. coneflowers!!

o

Wow! I would love to do something like that in my yard!

o

W O W !!! Love the wall and the coneflowers.

o

I love coneflowers but can't get them to grow for anything! I should try a mosaic wall, although I doubt my best efforts would yield anything like the one you posted pics of, NM Girl. Lucky you to drive by it everyday. That is a beautiful work of art!

o

LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing!

Question: Hubby & I are in the midst of buying a couple homes in FL for the family... being from NY, I have to ask, I noticed a lot of lanai's & sidewalks using INDOOR tiles in FL, what would you suggest as materials?
Slowly, but surely, I've always picked up any KEWL clearance tile stuff in Lowe's. Plus, with all the rentals we've rehabed, I have lots of leftovers.

Never be able to hold up in WNY, but would these work outside in FL? Cape Coral area. A couple houses we looked at were corner houses & need a solid fence for privacy. This would be SO attractive!

o

That's amazing!
And I lvoe the idea of the coneflower field. I'd like to let them take over one of my gardens.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here