Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pretty garden junk in winter

Posted by indigosunshine z4 west WI (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 18, 14 at 22:42

Even as we dream of spring, winter does put its magic touch on a garden! I made this window 4 years ago and it is still looking good, esp. when the sun shines through it. My philosophy is never throw out old window or doors; there is always a space in the garden!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pretty garden junk in winter

I agree! My daughter just bought her first house here in MN. In one of the back sheds it is full of maybe 25 or so looks like old storm windows ALL THE SAME SIZE. Her husband was muttering about taking them to the dump in the spring until he happened to look at my face frozen in horror. Guess who get's to take all the windows for her long dreamed for greenhouse project?

o

That is a gorgeous 'signpost' in your garden :-)

you really scored freezengirl! What a great feeling!

o

What did you do to color your window panes? I have 3 old windows in the out building and just had a brain storm of making each pane look like a quilt block. What did you use? It looks like it is holding up well.

o

Frankielynn, each pane has flat-bottomed glass marbles glued on with E6000. It gets quite heavy so you need a sturdy post to hang it on. I have another pane that I glued on stained glass scraps. Make sure your window pane is very clean or the adhesive won't stick. Good Luck! Carol

o

Very pretty. It kinda of looks like quilt blocks.

o

WOW!! I really LOVE that! It looks great in the snow...such a welcomed burst of color!

o

Beautiful!! Bright spot in the snow covered countryside! Jan

o

I love that! Looks awesome and just think when Spring and summer hit it will really shine. Thanks for sharing - I was thinking of doing something like this incorporated with a garden fence I need to planning out. Awesome I also have an old door that I plan to do something fun with. No waste here.!

o

Glass is so pretty in the snow. Can't wait to see the greenhouse freezengirl!
Kathy

o

Indigo,

I LOVE your glass sign post. My best girl friend is a quilter. That would make a wonderful gift for her.

o

Freezengirl....

We are almost neighbors. We live in 4aMN. We are downsizing and have lots of garden junk materials we would love to give to a fellow garden junker.

o

Wow that is so pretty in the snow!!tfs

o

To A girl named Max-That is so sweet and thoughtful of you! I am afraid that I am not going to be able to take you up on the offer though. We are beyond swamped right now and our first grandchild is threatening to come very early. We don't dare go far from home for the duration and we are all scrambling to prepare for all contingencies.
Have you considered posting something on the GW Minnesota thread or perhaps a carefully worded post in your local Craigs list?
Downsizing is tough on so many levels!

o

Nice change from all the colors of winter!

o

Nice change from all the non-colors of winter!

o

This is my garden junk. Is winter over yet?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here