Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susiewantsroses

Texas Sized Garden Junk!!!!!!!

susiewantsroses
15 years ago

I got the wonderful privilege of going to a large ranch yesterday. The wonderful Texas lady had all kinds of Garden Junk!!!! I took a picture of one of them but quickly lost the daylight to get further pictures. She said that I could come back and get some additional pics.

This is a buggy with dressed human forms taking a ride. It is rustic and really western.

Notice the silhouette of the cowboy. There is a storm shelter in the backround that is real.

{{gwi:130953}}

Notice how that Texas Plains Winds just blow you back in your buggy seat!!! It could almost make a Texas man drop his "water" jug.

{{gwi:130954}}

Check out the horse on the right side.

{{gwi:130955}}

The other art pieces will be a suprise for a future post. Her front yard was almost as big as my entire neighborhood. Ha A small bird bath would not even begin to make a dent in her yard decor. It was full of antique farm empliments that attach to tractors.

The sweet Western lady sent me on my way with a large box of RED CANNAS bulbs/tubers. They grow 6 1/2 ft for her. Pray that I dont kill them. And she also included a dozen Purple Irises. I have been planting all day.

Hope you enjoy a little view of the heart of TEXAS winter. See how everything is straw colored? A light snowfall would be pretty. Nah-h-h-h LOL. The bright sun is always shining. This summer we will constantly be looking for shade to get away from it.

Susiewantscannas

Comments (8)

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Very neat stuff! Can't wait to see the rest! I do go by the "cowboy" almost every day. Guy makes all kinds of things out of horseshoes & He or his neighbor made this cowboy out of metal I think & painted wrought iron black-flat. Maybe there is a pattern for them or maybe he sent for it & just "claimed" to make it. YS talk!!!LOL Oh, guy makes chairs out of horseshoes-high backed type & can't remember what else, I think he's gotten old as don't see stuff too much anymore. Thanks for showing us! Jan

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

Wow remind me not to use their Hair dresser! LOL Looks like
    the wild wild west,well maybe not so wild.
    Cool storm shelter ,we can't have those in Florida they would quickly fill with water,no basements here .
    Is that a horse or mule I see in the background?

• akup_a
    15 years ago

On the Highway between me & Ft. Worth, there is a place with iron silhouetes of pointer dogs in the field. I think they sell this breed. I have to take a second look each time I pass because they look so real out in the pasture pointing to something.
    That cowboy is real popular around here. Have you seen the one with the cowboy kneeling at the cross? I've seen cowgirls in skirts too.
    Vickie

• robolady
    15 years ago

The cowboy leaning and the cowboy kneeling are real popular around here. What I really love about this pic, is the storm shelter in the background. Yep we are in tornado alley.
    Can't wait to see more.
    Margo

View my Blog at
    www.robolady.blogspot.com

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Vickie,

I have seen fields with long horned cattle silhoettes!!! I've never seen the cowgirls or pointer dogs!!!!!! Yes I have visited cowboy Churches around here and Houston and they usually have the kneeling cowboy!!!! It seems that most ranches have an iron arch at the entrance with their personal BRAND welded on and other silhoette figures. Anyone could make a book of ranch GATE pictures and publish it. It's a very masculine artform.

Susie

• daisydal
    15 years ago

looks more like Oklahoma- where the wind comes sweeping down the plain! Yep, looks like they have been blown back a notch or two! Maybe thats why "highhair" has never really left Oklahoma gals, with the wind and all, we can still stay fashionable!LOL!!
    blessings-sherri

• emtnest
    15 years ago

Don't Ya'll have winter in Texas? Great pics..

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    15 years ago

"TEXAS IS A WHOLE NOTHER COUNTRY" LOLOLOLOLOLO

We have Piney woods in some areas, coastal beach areas, Hill country, Plains, desserts, snow in some parts. In my area DFW we will get some snow 1-2 inches about 1 X in winter. A few freezing rain days. But we also get COLD winds from DaisyDal up in OK. She also sends me her POLEN!!!!! lololol

I believe we span from zone 7 to zone 9 or 10. I will have to check that, I live in 7b.

It was in the high 70's yesterday but fell into 40's last night. Plus we had the DaisyDal Winds blowing. Burrrr

Daisy my sweet Hubs wants me to keep the "Big Hair" look I had 16 years ago. All you have to do is have your hair layered, go out in the wind, then run inside and SPRAY. LOL He says "I DONT CARE WHAT'S IN STYLE. I LIKE YOUR HAIR FLUFFY." I told him to go pet our poodle. Ha Seriously, I need a makeover worse than anyone I know. Actually I meant, OVERHAUL!!!!!!

Susie