Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a_girl_named_max

Inviting people to visit again

a.girl.named.max
10 years ago

Hello,

This site used to be such a joy to visit. I'm asking people to visit here again and share their projects and information. If you know any of the previous visitors, please help by contacting them.

Thanks much!

Comments (15)

• nonacook
    10 years ago

I agree max, and I still come on a regular basis, but since I can't post pictures, I dont do much except respond. Since my web site was 'deleted' I can't even send folks there to see what I used to do.
    I hope that it picks up soon....
    We did have a GREAT thing going for us.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    10 years ago

hi! I'm a wannabe crafter with a big box of stuff to use.

I lurk here a lot.

Nonacook, what about Photobucket for your pictures?

• a.girl.named.max
    Original Author
    10 years ago

So pkponder.... What is your first/next project going to be. Show us pics of some of your "stuff". Maybe we can give you some ideas or some motivation.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    10 years ago

I promise to do that soon! I have some cool looking faucets from the bathroom remodel and I need to decide what to do with them. I am drawn to wood and metal, but use lots of glass in the garden. We just finished a bud light blue bottle tree. Those labels were more difficult to remove when we first started!

{{gwi:131019}}

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

Hi Max~

We've lost a lot of folks over the past couple of years. Don't know if they lurk or not, but it's been pretty quiet around here. Quite a few of them went over to the Flea Market Gardening website and facebook page if you want to look there.

I know what you mean though....I love this site and I still check in often. Haven't been doing many projects lately, but I will have some to post soon.

Thanks for posting this thread!

• indigosunshine
    10 years ago

Here is a picture of my "bottle cactus".....pkponder, yours is just lovely! Carol

• PKponder TX Z7B
    10 years ago

Thanks Carol! I love yours too! What did you use for a topper? I'm trying to figure out how to secure a beautiful old fashioned hall light globe as my topper. It's got cut glass designs in it and the light just bounces off of it. I like the way you built a support for the bottom. My hubby cemented mine in the ground :-)

Max, did you build that glass table water feature?

• a.girl.named.max
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Marlene, which facebook page are you referring to?

• a.girl.named.max
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Marlene, which facebook page are you referring to?

Pkponder, No I still really want the glass table water feature put haven't found the right glass top yet.

• laurastheme
    10 years ago

I'm still here. Doing more lurking than posting, but I check in every day.

• oldcrafty
    10 years ago

I'm still checking in on a regular basis and I too which some of the folks were back. I have been doing a lot of mosaics and not really garden junk so I haven't been posting on this side much. Maybe when the weather gets better I'll be inspired. I too am interested as to how to look on FB. Kinda new to FB, just gave up and joined everyone else. Gotta admit it has been fun but I would like more info on crafty sites as that is my passion.

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

Max~

It is called Flea Market Gardening. They also have a website: fleamarketgardening.com. You'll see quite a few familiar faces there.

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    10 years ago

{{gwi:131020}}
    plant stakes make from recycled plastic bottles
    The only way I can post pictures is to upload them to my Photobucket account, copy the HTML link address and insert it into the message board.
    Also when I do that I can submit more than 1 photo.
    Are there other ways that work?
    I just found this section of GW. What fun.
    Heidi

• PRO
    Nell Jean
    10 years ago

I think members tend to wander away. I wandered back today. I'm glad to see Nonacook here; do you know where Nigella went? I still make 'Nigella lights' using light globes and found a photo this week of her teapot hanging with a Christmas Cactus in it.

My photo is of a chia pet elephant that my nephew gave my mother more than 30 years ago. It now holds stones and holds a little brick wall together.

Here is a link that might be useful: Goodbye, Bottle Tree

• sorie6 zone 6b
    10 years ago

I come back to se what you folks are making. I haven't made much since I moved to OK. 7mo ago. Lots of gettng used to in a new place.
    Will hit lots of flea mt. and garage sales this summer so I can start making garden junk again. We have a huge yard to work with.:).
    Hope everyone is having a good star of a new year.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH