Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bird Cage Chandelier

Posted by okie_deb 6 OK. zip 737 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 21, 12 at 1:09

Sharing with you folks a link I found!
Dig out those old bird cages or (if your like me) start searching for one! I love the light play on the walls and ceiling!
The trick will be to make sure the chandelier will fit inside the cage with some room so it won't look cramped.
Enjoy!,,,Debbie

Here is a link that might be useful: Bird Cage Chandelier - how to

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bird Cage Chandelier

WOW -- that is awesome looking ! It wouldn't look good in my house , but if I spotted that in someone else's house - I'd be drooling !

o

That's gorgeous and a really neat re-cycle.

o

Great recycle & would look awesome on a porch or patio area, too! Loved the rope idea! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

I LOVE it! What a great use for an old birdcage...it's a big one too. Thanks for sharing!

o

Beautiful in a 2 story house with sweeping staircase!! Like my Bro.!Great save & tutorial! Jan

o

What a fantastic job they did! I don't have ceilings high enough anywhere unfortunately. Still the whole thriftyness of it is inspiring.
Kathy

o

I have a large cage and that would look wonderful
hanging from a tree!
Lighted or not!

o

That is so neat!

o

That's very cool..

I also saw another version of a bird cage chandy on a blog recently. All the blogger had done was take a wooden birdcage, removed the bottom, and hung the bottom up against the ceiling over an existing light fixture. Really simple.

o
link for bird cage

Here's the link I saw it on.

Here is a link that might be useful: bird cage

o

I love this idea! I have a bird cage that I made into a fairy cage with old tree bark and branches, fake barbed wire made from embroidery thread, feather birds, led light string, silk flowers, clay mushrooms that I made, a found deserted bird nest from a tree we had cut down and milk pods among other natural things. I am wondering if the light bulb would cause a fire with all of the natural things in it. Any ideas for this would be much helpful. Maybe just remove the light bulb and use the led lights? The bad thing about the led lights I have is that the batteries run down really quick.

This post was edited by Rustic_Hippie on Mon, Mar 10, 14 at 0:21

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here