Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindasewandsew

Pot Made From Garden Hose

lindasewandsew
15 years ago

I made this pot by winding a short garden hose around a metal basket and fastening it with galvanized wire pieces. Not much of a basket weaver, lol. I put a small metal rod through the leftover piece of hose and stuck a metal Ikea bird in it. This pot would be the perfect finishing touch in a funky little trailer park flower bed, right between the sofa and the beer bottle pyramid, lol. Linda

{{gwi:131128}}

{{gwi:131129}}

Comments (16)

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Very cool! Kirk

• nonacook
    15 years ago

Love it!!!!!

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Well I think it is cool. Kathy

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Very unique! Love the bird too!

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

I like the whole thing. Stil think one of those would make a good hose basket, lol.

• akup_a
    15 years ago

I like your hose pot and the top wire rim adds a little bit of spunk. Cute way to add the end of the hose too.
    Vickie

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

SUPER JOB LINDA!!!!!!

Susie

• FlowerLady6
    15 years ago

That is really nifty.

FlowerLady

• daisydal
    15 years ago

Ms. Sewandsew, you come by your name very honestly! If you run out of fabric, you just go outside and stitch yourself up a basket out of garden hose!!!LOL!! That turned out so cute, and the most unique part is the end of the hose sticking up through the basket with the bird on top, that is the icing on the cake, or ...the hose on the basket! :D
    It kinda reminds me of one of those snakes being charmed out of a basket, hey.... thats an idea! You could bend the hose and paint it to look like a snake and add the plants around it!
    Whoops, sorry Cherry, I know you have had enough of snakes to last you a lifetime, pretend I didnt say anything about sn.......uh.......what I meant to say was-
    blessings-sherri

• TwoMonths
    15 years ago

I have some birds like that Linda. Mine are just galvanized. Did you paint those and gussy them up with beads??? June

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

sewandsew...I am lovin' your "hose pot!" Good work...the aloe plants look great & the rod with left-over hose is a winner! ...funky bird! thanks for sharing! Jeanne S.

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

oh that is a great idea and I have an old hose that would work!! Now I need a wire basket!

• lindasewandsew
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone,

June, The bird has little bumps on it, and it's galvanized metal. My mom picked up a pile of them for me when Ikea's as-is room closed them out for 10¢ each. I just spray painted it and hope the paint will hold up for awhile.

CP, It's a great idea to make a hose basket.

DD has a tiny flower bed in front of her apt, and she likes colorful pots. We've potted up several different colors already, and she'll get this one on the weekend.

Sherri, Seems like everything I make looks just like everything else I make, whether it's purses, quilts, or garden junk. This is a little different because it's green. I like yellow, red and blue and don't even own green paint, lol. Your snake idea is fun!!

A hose could be smashed and bolted onto any size galvanized bucket, or anything else that would support it. On the website, they used tomato cages for some. I'm guessing that the hoses could be primed and painted with exterior paint and will try it next time. Linda

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

You did a great job duplicating the ones that sold for $$$ at the one website. From someone who failed basket weaving miserably (the course instructor did half my basket lol), you did a wonderful job on yours! Wouldn't it be neat to create some sort of water feature out of it? Like have it all wound up as a basket and then have the end of the hose spouting water? I like the funky bird you added to yours. Very fun and unique piece!

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Looks great & like the bird!!! Your DD will enjoy it & it's a great conversation piece!! Jan

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Very creative Linda, I like it! Oh, Luna's idea of making a fountain sounds cool too! I think you are the best "recycler" I know. Luvs