Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pot Made From Garden Hose

Posted by lindasewandsew 9 So Calif (lindasewandsew@hotmail.com) on
Tue, Feb 3, 09 at 1:27

I made this pot by winding a short garden hose around a metal basket and fastening it with galvanized wire pieces. Not much of a basket weaver, lol. I put a small metal rod through the leftover piece of hose and stuck a metal Ikea bird in it. This pot would be the perfect finishing touch in a funky little trailer park flower bed, right between the sofa and the beer bottle pyramid, lol. Linda

Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pot Made From Garden Hose

• Posted by kirkus Zone 5 in Eastern WA (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 3, 09 at 2:31

Very cool! Kirk

o

Love it!!!!!

o

Well I think it is cool. Kathy

o

Very unique! Love the bird too!

o

I like the whole thing. Stil think one of those would make a good hose basket, lol.

o

I like your hose pot and the top wire rim adds a little bit of spunk. Cute way to add the end of the hose too.
Vickie

o

SUPER JOB LINDA!!!!!!

Susie

o

That is really nifty.

FlowerLady

o

Ms. Sewandsew, you come by your name very honestly! If you run out of fabric, you just go outside and stitch yourself up a basket out of garden hose!!!LOL!! That turned out so cute, and the most unique part is the end of the hose sticking up through the basket with the bird on top, that is the icing on the cake, or ...the hose on the basket! :D
It kinda reminds me of one of those snakes being charmed out of a basket, hey.... thats an idea! You could bend the hose and paint it to look like a snake and add the plants around it!
Whoops, sorry Cherry, I know you have had enough of snakes to last you a lifetime, pretend I didnt say anything about sn.......uh.......what I meant to say was-
blessings-sherri

o

I have some birds like that Linda. Mine are just galvanized. Did you paint those and gussy them up with beads??? June

o

sewandsew...I am lovin' your "hose pot!" Good work...the aloe plants look great & the rod with left-over hose is a winner! ...funky bird! thanks for sharing! Jeanne S.

o

oh that is a great idea and I have an old hose that would work!! Now I need a wire basket!

o

Thanks everyone,

June, The bird has little bumps on it, and it's galvanized metal. My mom picked up a pile of them for me when Ikea's as-is room closed them out for 10 each. I just spray painted it and hope the paint will hold up for awhile.

CP, It's a great idea to make a hose basket.

DD has a tiny flower bed in front of her apt, and she likes colorful pots. We've potted up several different colors already, and she'll get this one on the weekend.

Sherri, Seems like everything I make looks just like everything else I make, whether it's purses, quilts, or garden junk. This is a little different because it's green. I like yellow, red and blue and don't even own green paint, lol. Your snake idea is fun!!

A hose could be smashed and bolted onto any size galvanized bucket, or anything else that would support it. On the website, they used tomato cages for some. I'm guessing that the hoses could be primed and painted with exterior paint and will try it next time. Linda

o

You did a great job duplicating the ones that sold for $$$ at the one website. From someone who failed basket weaving miserably (the course instructor did half my basket lol), you did a wonderful job on yours! Wouldn't it be neat to create some sort of water feature out of it? Like have it all wound up as a basket and then have the end of the hose spouting water? I like the funky bird you added to yours. Very fun and unique piece!

o

Looks great & like the bird!!! Your DD will enjoy it & it's a great conversation piece!! Jan

o

Very creative Linda, I like it! Oh, Luna's idea of making a fountain sounds cool too! I think you are the best "recycler" I know. Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here