Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Other Iron Finds

Posted by kirkus (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 21, 11 at 2:05

Hi everyone! I posted my iron moose on another post and mentioned I had purchased other iron finds at our favorite, country, thrift shop. You know you're a regular customer when they call you by your first name when you enter the store! LOL!

Here are my rustic finds! I love the bear door knocker and the bear claw door knocker! Of course, I also love the bear hooks!!! I can never have too many bears! :o) I thought I would hang the squirrel hanger on my squirrel feeder post! Haven't decided where to hang the moose yet. Love iron! Had to share my other iron finds. :o) They're all super heavy. Bear Hugs! Kirk

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Other Iron Finds

Nice

o

Kirk - Those are awesome. It is good that they know you at the thrift store. Shopping is more enjoyable when you know the people. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

o

I like them all but the best is the bear with the 4 hooks! Great inside to hang up your coats or hats. But I'll bet you will have great ideas for all of these great buys. You really got lucky on this 1. No wonder you are so creative all of a sudden, or is it just sick of snow, hope you aren't getting hit with more but weather this morning looks like you might be. Stay warm! Jan

o

Hey, it's nice being a regular customer & finding great stuff like this! Wow...you did get some goodies! Those door knockers are the best! I am just seeing "old barn wood" ideas here! LOL! TFS, kirk! Jeanne s.

o

Let's see...I may have to rethink my luggage for my trip out to visit....I'm not sure just how much cast iron stuff the airline will let me check....hmmmmm.

Great finds...you are a lucky one! I'm so envious of your wonderful TS!

o

those are great, have fun with them
Kathy

o

Wonderful stuff! You have the best thrift stores. I think I'll hop a plane with Marlene and come visit. ;^)

o

Love them all Kirk but my fav is the bear paw grizzly door knocker! Looks a lot like the bear on the California flag. You snagged dome cool finds. Thanks for sharing!
Love, Jules

o

I love all those bears! The moose and squirrel are great too but I have always been drawn more to bears so I like those best.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here