Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aaargh!!! Having to part with my most excellent garden junk!!!

Posted by Wanderer1 none (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 15, 13 at 5:06

So we are selling and moving to a rental for a while until we find another place to buy (in another state)
I am a collector and hoarder of the most magnificent garden 'junk'
A lot of my stuff already in the garden will have to stay behind but its the stuff still in the garage that I haven't had a crack at yet that will have to go
Husband says just start again at the new house.
Anyone else have to give up their wonderful junk?
Sometimes others just don't see the value in rusty and old quirky stuff!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aaargh!!! Having to part with my most excellent garden junk!!

Well, guess no one in US can get a truck & go pick up your "treasures" since you are way over in Australia! Wouldn't have looked but wondered where "none" was usually a zone!! Have had a couple of folks from Australia but they haven't come on for quite awhile. Maybe you can offer some of it to friends & neighbors. Since you signed in as Wanderer you must enjoy moving around. Enjoy your new digs! Jan

o

I feel your pain. Every time we moved we also moved the little storage building and re crammed it full. It probably wouldn't stand another move so I am not moving. We also packed up boxes of rocks. I love my rocks! They have been collected for over 37 years. And pots full of divisions of plants, pond fish...I am a hopeless collector.

o

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma. Can you rent a storage space to keep some of your treasures, and then move them to the new house later? Good luck with the move, in any case, and hope you do not have to part with too many things.

o

I feel your pain! I'd be devastated if I had to move and leave my 'treasures' behind.
Where are you moving to? If you are passing my place you can drop some off! LOL!

o

AW darn. so sorry for you. BUT just think of the fun being able to collect it all again. Yes I have had to shed lots of stuff when we moved 11 times in about 20 years. Was so hard. BUT this last move was only 8 miles so I brought the good stuff with us. THEN I ended up getting rid of so much of it. Since this yard was a total blank slate I did bring lots of plants with us from the last house.. And the garden shed. LOL

Do you have a way to put the things out to the curb with a for free sign? Hope your move goes well for you.

o

We had 3 days to get tear down our garage or lose our home insurance last fall. I threw away a lot of things and there are a couple I still regret. But it is a kind of relief too. some stuff I was holding on to no one would want probably!
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here