Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a_girl_named_max

You know you're addicted when ....

a.girl.named.max
13 years ago

You know you're addicted to garden junk when you can't sleep because you want to be first in line for the President's Day Sale at your favorite thrift store AND there is a winter advisory for your area!

Wishing you all well

Max

Comments (12)

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Max - Oh, Boy! Did you get any bargains? Hope you got there and back safely. - Marylee

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Hope you were able to find some goodies....too funny...but I totally understand. I'm on vacation next week and my DD and I are already planning a "junking" day and we're excited!

• nonacook
    13 years ago

You know you are addicted when you already have
    3 buildings full of stuff and still moan when
    you don't have time to stop at a yard sale!!!!

• kirkus
    13 years ago

You know you're addicted when you need a QUICK FIX and you're talking about a trip to the thrift store or to a garage sale!!!! LOL Bear Hugs! Kirk

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

I got my fix today, but no cool garden stuff just couple of 37 cent cassettes. Garth Brooks & I will have a quiet evening together!Ha! Jan

• dollydee
    13 years ago

You know you're addicted when you are packing to move, and buy more glassware & garden junk, then bring it home to pack & move!! Done this more than a couple of times over the last few weeks! LOL

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

You know you are addicted when you look at everything you see in terms of whether it can last outside, and wonder what flower/plant/animal or architectural feature you could make it into!

Kathy

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

When you buy a truck, just to make sure you can move all your cool old brick with you when your house sells(Hubby came home and said"What's that?" in the yard(truck), and I said it's a piece of Garden Art.....heh heh!
    AND: When you have so many Projects to do it has to spill over into the next year, just to get them all done...thus the saying: project #948!lol!

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

You know you're addicted when you MUST visit the Garden Junk forum at least once a day to see if anyone posted something new! You know you're addicted when at rummage sales or thrift stores, people give you odd looks when they see the assortment of weird stuff you buy. Us Kathys must think alike, I agree with concreteprimroses that you tend to look at anything and everything to figure out how you could repurpose it and how well it would hold up to the elements.

• chevy57red
    13 years ago

When you live in a motorhome full-time and you are expected to keep the loads light..
    but you had to buy a 3rd tote to put all of your special finds in to travel back north for the summer to build..
    Man!! The back of the van is full.. going to have to stop soon!!

Did I forget to mention that Saturday is also half price day at GW?

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

When you bring home another good bargain & your DH says, didn't you just donate one of those to GWill last yr!

"Nah...you're thinkin' about my friend!" LOL! Jeanne S.

Never throw anything away! Quote for the day:
    "One (wo)man's junk is another (wo)man's treasure!"

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I have no idea what you people are talking about, I can stop anytime I want to.......but why would I want to.
    Frou