Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
You know you're addicted when ....

Posted by a.girl.named.max 4a (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 21, 11 at 6:28

You know you're addicted to garden junk when you can't sleep because you want to be first in line for the President's Day Sale at your favorite thrift store AND there is a winter advisory for your area!

Wishing you all well

Max

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: You know you're addicted when ....

Max - Oh, Boy! Did you get any bargains? Hope you got there and back safely. - Marylee

o

Hope you were able to find some goodies....too funny...but I totally understand. I'm on vacation next week and my DD and I are already planning a "junking" day and we're excited!

o

You know you are addicted when you already have
3 buildings full of stuff and still moan when
you don't have time to stop at a yard sale!!!!

o

You know you're addicted when you need a QUICK FIX and you're talking about a trip to the thrift store or to a garage sale!!!! LOL Bear Hugs! Kirk

o

I got my fix today, but no cool garden stuff just couple of 37 cent cassettes. Garth Brooks & I will have a quiet evening together!Ha! Jan

o

You know you're addicted when you are packing to move, and buy more glassware & garden junk, then bring it home to pack & move!! Done this more than a couple of times over the last few weeks! LOL

o

You know you are addicted when you look at everything you see in terms of whether it can last outside, and wonder what flower/plant/animal or architectural feature you could make it into!

Kathy

o

When you buy a truck, just to make sure you can move all your cool old brick with you when your house sells(Hubby came home and said"What's that?" in the yard(truck), and I said it's a piece of Garden Art.....heh heh!
AND: When you have so many Projects to do it has to spill over into the next year, just to get them all done...thus the saying: project #948!lol!

o

You know you're addicted when you MUST visit the Garden Junk forum at least once a day to see if anyone posted something new! You know you're addicted when at rummage sales or thrift stores, people give you odd looks when they see the assortment of weird stuff you buy. Us Kathys must think alike, I agree with concreteprimroses that you tend to look at anything and everything to figure out how you could repurpose it and how well it would hold up to the elements.

o

When you live in a motorhome full-time and you are expected to keep the loads light..
but you had to buy a 3rd tote to put all of your special finds in to travel back north for the summer to build..
Man!! The back of the van is full.. going to have to stop soon!!

Did I forget to mention that Saturday is also half price day at GW?

o

When you bring home another good bargain & your DH says, didn't you just donate one of those to GWill last yr!

"Nah...you're thinkin' about my friend!" LOL! Jeanne S.

Never throw anything away! Quote for the day:
"One (wo)man's junk is another (wo)man's treasure!"

o

I have no idea what you people are talking about, I can stop anytime I want to.......but why would I want to.
Frou

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here