Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Here is a new way to make soda can roses.

Posted by mommyandme2 10 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 6, 12 at 8:18

I've made many roses out of soda cans, but this is a different way & it looks easier. I'm going to try it when I get more cans.

Here is a link that might be useful: pop can flowers

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here is a new way to make soda can roses.

That is a neat idea. I like it. I may try to make a flower with thin petals and several layers to look like a daisy or sunflower. I think I will do some experimenting.
Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

o

Those are some of the prettiest flowers I have seen
made from cans.
Thanks!

o

I made one today. It didn't come out quite as pretty as the one pictured on the website. I think I need some practice doing the scrunching. I made it with 4 layers. - Laura

o

What a neat and creative idea! That is one way to recycle pop cans. Will have to go confiscate some from my nephews stash so I can try it. Thanks for sharing the directions with pictures for us.

o

They look great, but tedious. I'm not sure I have the patience to put them together. Are soda cans easy to cut with scissors and I'm assuming you wear gloves to work on them? Love the pink roses though. Thanks for sharing the link!

o

These particular roses aren't tedious. In fact they were quite easy. The way I had been making roses involves 6 heart-shaped pieces; not 2. It's a little trickier. I just LOVE making soda can flowers. I've made many different kinds & enjoy trying out new ones, too. I've got a box of flowers sitting here that need to be put outside. I'll get to it one of these days. Soda cans are very easy to cut with scissors. I have gloves, but don't seem to need them. On the other hand, I've used aluminum flashing for some projects. You can cut flashing with scissors, but the edges are SHARP. You definitely need gloves when working with flashing. Check out some of my flowers in my photobucket album. I'll be posting more flowers soon.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket garden junk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here