Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unusual object...what to do with it?

Posted by aussie.mum none (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 22, 13 at 8:23

Hi folk
I picked up this unusual china 'thing' - it's an oil and vinegar decanter....it has 2 "stalks" and must have 2 divided chambers inside it as has O for oil and V for vinegar on the stalks.

Just wondering what to do with it as another plate or bowl can't sit on top of it and I don't think it's suitable as a totem 'topper'.

Ideas please! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unusual object...what to do with it?

Find some other pieces with apples and DO use it
as a totem topper. I think that would be good!

o

Would go great with an apple bordered plate if you could find 1 or if you paint or stencil could make apples on edge of plate. That would tie the 2 together & make a lovely totem. Guess you could set it in center of birdbath so birds would have place to sit but would have to clean it often. Jan

o

Sure is cute. I would use it as a totem topper.

o

I'd use it as a totem topper too, though I would silicone the apple "stems" closed so that water didn't get inside of the apple.

o

I'm thinking of somehow making a "worm" - maybe out of billiards balls. And somehow have it like the worm is eating the apple. Then find a strategic place in the garden.

o

Thanks everyone :)

I'll have to let my creative juices flow a bit more and see what i can come up with.

I think Pixie_lou's idea of doing something 'horizontally' with the apple might work best. I personally think it's too large to be a totem topper - the photo I posted didn't give any 'perspective' so it's hard for you to gauge the size. I won't discount this idea though....it just needs the 'right' things to go with it.

Off to the shed to see what I can find!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here