Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ceiling fan project

Posted by bookjunky4life 5 Central IL (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 21, 12 at 8:24

Photobucket

I've got it stripped down. I think I will buy aluminum flashing and cut into a blade shape (kept one of the old blades for tracing) and bolt those onto the the blade holders. I will mount a pipe at a 90 angle to the piece of pipe on the bottom.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ceiling fan project

Trying to make it into a flower? Very interesting. I'm anxious to see what the finished project will look like. We are in a rental house with only a tiny patio for a "backyard", so I'm wondering if a flower-fan might be too big for us. The ceiling fan in my bedroom needs repair or replacement. One of the light sockets is burned out. We've been waiting for a response from the landlord: Will they just replace the socket or the whole fixture? If they replace the fixture, will they take it away for parts or toss it in the dumpster (where I can go get it after they leave). What kind of pipe are you going to use? - Laura

o

What a WOW idea. Hope you post pics soon.

o

I plan to paint the "petals" yellow and cover the large circle on the top with some sheeting and paint it black. We have a farm and all kinds of pipes laying around. Surely I have some kind of sucker rod or something that will fit in the end that it is resting on in the photo. I did not want to throw the fan out since the gear still turned smoothly and I thought I could make some kind of wind decoration out of it.

o

Good idea! Post pic when you get it done! Might make center brownish black for a sunflower, they are popular. Jan

o

Interesting idea. When we replaced our kitchen ceiling fan, I held onto the fixture.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here