Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvs2click

Spring Fever - post your pictures!

luvs2click
10 years ago

I don't know if you all have spring fever as bad as I do, but I've been sitting here just looking through garden pictures and dreaming. The snow mostly melted last week and I was actually enjoying seeing the brown grass, but then we got pummeled again and we are back to white. February seems to be the hardest month to get through! So I thought it'd be fun to share links for our garden shots so we can at least pretend it's green outside, even just for a little bit. I'll go first, here's mine

Here is a link that might be useful: Dreamin of Summer

Comments (19)

• luvs2click
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And here's another link that is mostly just flower pictures - a great dose of color in our otherwise WHITE world right now

Here is a link that might be useful: Flower shots

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

Your pictures are so beautiful! Thank you for posting them....February is my least favorite month because everything has been dead for so long....you took some spectacular shots!

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

So many beautiful flowers, love the waves of them in different areas & the gorgeous colors, the 2nd page of flowers were just as stunning as the 1st!! But you did get at least 1 winter pic "the frost is on the pumpkins in the wheelbarrow" how neat to see that. My daffodils are blooming & couple of red freesias & few roses but it has been so dry that the rain we just had settled the dust, don't know that it will help the garden much. TFS Jan

• PKponder TX Z7B
    10 years ago

Oh, I love all of your neat sedum/succulent containers luvs2click! That tandem bike looks great! Do you use the 'outhouse' for tool storage? Those boot are just perfection! How did you make the ants? So much to see, love the mushrooms :-)
    The flower shots are nice too! I love all of the yellow flowers, so warm and happy! I've never seen a heart shaped sunflower!

Thanks so much for sharing!

• mikebotann
    10 years ago

Not much in the junk department. I moved away from a junkyard years ago.
    I do have some lying around though, but not in this part of my garden.
    Mike
    {{gwi:131415}}

• aquawise
    10 years ago

My Ladybugs ! waiting in the shed for spring! My Iris collection!

Here is a link that might be useful: Iris

• sorie6 zone 6b
    10 years ago

luvs WOW your gardens are beautiful!! I really want spring now!!!
    Mike your gardens a really pretty too!
    Aqua love you lady bugs. What are they made of? Beautiful Iris every color in the rainbow! TFS

• luvs2click
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mike-beautiful photos - looks like a park! I love the Japanese maples best. They don't do well in our area - have to baby them.
    aqua - the ladybugs are adorable and your iris - wow - I love the purple and white combo ones - the batik one, the striped one, etc. Very beautiful.
    thanks for sharing! Keep them coming.
    pkponder - yes, I use the outhouse for storage. I bought the ants at Hobby Lobby!

• nonacook
    10 years ago

I always like to see your things,luvs2click!! They are beautiful pictures of your flowers and garden.

I have almost given up on the garden--I may have to go almost completely junk here-lol. My garden is next to a US highway, and a little over a year ago a gas station was built on the corner of my side of the highway across from me. I get traffic fumes and now gas fumes when they deliver gas. I am pretty sure that has affected my flowers.
    AND this year we have a (like lots of others) an abnormal amount of cold weather. Lots of things that don't usually freeze did this year. I have not uncovered the things that have blankets,(and then covered with plastic), so I don't know how those things are doing. That worked good last year, but we did not have 14-19 degree weather.
    Love to see more of the gardens of other!!!
    I love the iris, and had a small garden when we had a cabin in Indiana, that had beautiful iris and peonies (they won't survive long here).

• PRO
    Nell Jean
    10 years ago

All those lovely summertime shots make me want to get out seed packets and shuffle them, making plans. We don't get snow -- unless you count the dab of sleet we had last week.

It helps to pot up bulbs to bloom inside like hyacinths and amaryllis. A freeze took out open Camellia blooms last week but tight buds opened quickly as it warmed. This this pic is from yesterday; today we have rain and the amaryllis and I are bundled up inside again.

• Shelly09
    10 years ago

Blooms in the cool or warm weather...from Spring 2013

• booberry85
    10 years ago

Gosh I'm enjoying these pictures. We got a lot more snow than expected yesterday. It was looking like a scene out of The Shining. I have really bad cabin fever right now. I did start some seeds and the basement. I did order some fruit trees which I should get the end of next month.

Looking forward to spring!

• concretenprimroses
    10 years ago

I just love my green primroses growing next to my favorite little hosta. Can't wait to see them again! Right now they are under 2 feet of snow.
    Great to see everyone's pictures. What lovely gardens.
    {{gwi:131416}}

Here is a closeup of another one of the green primroses. I can't get Flickk rr to turn it right side :(
    . {{gwi:131417}}

I have a thing for green flowers

Kathy

• luvs2click
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Enjoying everyones' pictures! I've never seen green primroses! We are supposed to get 4-6" more tonight on top of the mess we already have plus 40 mph wind gusts, so that should be a mess. Spring can't come soon enough, I'm so anxious to see some green! The pictures do help a little!
    Arlene

• oldcrafty
    10 years ago

{{gwi:131418}}

Not a pretty flower like all the other wonderful pics posted, but a very pretty sunset. It got up to 80 yesterday! Had a great time in my gardens over the weekend playing clean-up after all the winter blah.

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    10 years ago

Nice to see color on a day that the snow is falling and making everything shades between black and white.

Kathy - Is your green primrose from a local source? It's lovely!

late spring:
    {{gwi:131419}}From 2013

July:

• mjowest
    10 years ago

All this stuff. Patiently waiting...

Here is a link that might be useful: My junk waiting for Spring

• mikebotann
    10 years ago

Not quite Spring. Looking west toward the house.
    Mike
    {{gwi:131420}}

• PRO
    Nell Jean
    10 years ago

Mama used to remark that February was a short month as if it were weeks shorter. The last days bring bright spots.

Sponsored
Custom Decks, Patios & Outdoor Enclosures Solutions in Loudoun County