Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ruralgardener

Garden Shed Pond

RuralGardener
18 years ago

I found this on another forum but I figured that you guys and gals would appreciate it. I just think it is so cute :o)

Here is what the original poster said about it:

Over in the Orlando area, there's a ponding supply place called Kellyco. It's one of their displays. They have the water pumped up and then runs down the corrugated roofing (I think it's one of the poly types) and drips into the pond so it looks like rain, but is actually a good source of oxygenation (while looking cute!). I suppose it could be built as a full "house", but as a false front, it works well to conceal the rather unsightly aspects of ponding, such as filters and whatnots. The porch is fully functional, and the little porch light is, too. It would make a nice place to sit and feed fishies at night!

{{gwi:131424}}

{{gwi:131425}}

I want one!!

Comments (27)

• daffodilly
    18 years ago

I LOVE IT!!! What a great idea. LizAnne

• desertrat1
    18 years ago

ruralgardener,

I LOVE IT TOO! It reminds me of what (I've seen pictures of) the Louisiana Bayou. NOW, if I only had property big enough to support all my projects. That would be the cherry on the sundae! :-)

Love, Jules

• jlily
    18 years ago

What a cute Idea! I showed DH but he wasn't impressed. Barely made a grunt!! I can read his mind. (I bet you didn't know that I could do that) He's thinking "Oh NO , now she'll want me to build one of those"!!LOL It is too cute for someone else's yard, I guess. Thank you for sharing!!JLily

• katladie
    18 years ago

The only thing missing for it to be on a Louisian bayou is the hound dog.

We are talking about having a pond dug and I would love to have that, but I must approach DH very cautiously. LOL

Sharon

• dustyknees
    18 years ago

that wouldn't be practical.looks like insects haven.just my opinion.

• missmaggierock
    18 years ago

I love that....can you imagine seeing it on a HOT summer day!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

• lefd05
    18 years ago

That has to be the most unique "waterfall" I've ever seen on a pond! Very Cute!!! Great oxygenation for the pond!

• Calamity_J
    18 years ago

How awesome! I want one!!!

• Bright199
    18 years ago

I had to save your photo. It is soo creative. I dont' know where I would put one, but I would be willing to figure it out. Thanks for posting the pic.

• Cheri_C
    18 years ago

Wow, I think it's totaly the coolest thing I've seen. Had to show it to my DH and DS. Of course I told them I would love to have one. It reminds me of another thread that was posted awhile ago... It was like a front porch sitting area. I saved the pic on that, hoping someday I would get one of those. Thanks for sharing that with us.

• Purplemoon
    18 years ago

WOW.........that would be a great solution for someone who loves rain and lives in Phoenix but I could just see my husband and grown kids if I had it in my little backyard. In my next life...

• gimpytwice
    18 years ago

THAT IS WICKED....GIMPYTWICE

• seedbandito
    18 years ago

I got to do that!! That would so fit my 'cowgirl theme'. DH will have a fit when I show him that!

Nancy

• cmwren
    18 years ago

If you didn't have the space for such a large pond or have an overwhelming desire to spend an evening on such a "porch", you would not have to build that full scale to get the look... One or even a half sheet of corrugated roofing, kidsized chair, small window/picture frame and accessories... The door could be a bit tricky but not impossible to miniaturize, just needs a bit of creativity.

As for ponds being insect havens - to the best of my knowledge, things like mosquitoes prefer stagnant water; moving water such as that in a well-circulated pond is less attractive to them. Many such "decorative" ponds are also fish and/or frog ponds -- any skeeter managing to hatch in such a pond would become fish and tadpole food quickly enough.

Wren

• nonacook
    18 years ago

We once had a vacant lot with a pond--didn't plan to build there and we sold it! That would have been ideal for that pond. I didn't want to sell, but DH did! Oh, well.

• Tennessee
    18 years ago

Cool. I love it. What a great idea. I love sitting outside & listening to the rain. Enjoy!

• agardenstateof_mind
    18 years ago

There's a more serene version at one of my favorite nurseries. It looks very much like a Japanese cottage - same roof/waterfall, but a very plain wall, posts and deck, just a few ornaments like a lantern and maybe a plant. Wonderful place to sit and contemplate the beauty of the fish and water garden! My son took a picture of me "meditating" in it ... I'll post it if he can find it.
    Diane

• RuralGardener
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Anyone remember the pond with an old pick up truck as a water feature? WouldnÂt these look good together? lol

• rspiders
    18 years ago

OH I LOVE that!!!
    I'd put a hammock on the porch and take naps... HEY that may be a way to get your DH on the band wagon! Tell him he could take naps there and with the water falling it would be hard to hear anything else.
    just a thought..
    Rebecca

• buckymill
    18 years ago

Just incredible! I love all the talent I see here, I get so inspired!

• iowajewel
    18 years ago

Wouldn't this be cute on the backside of a real shed.......with access in via a back door to get to everything inside? THis is adorable........have to think about where I could do this or something similiar!!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing it with us!!!!!!!
    JUlie

• buyorsell888
    18 years ago

Very creative!

Ponds and fountains are not insect havens if they have moving water and/or fish of any kind.

Mosquito Dunks can be easily found and used for water bowls or barrels too small for fish or without moving water. They are safe for children, pets and wildlife but kill mosquito larvae.

Backyard ponds and water features are not significant sources of mosquitoes. Many breed in much smaller pockets of water such as old tires.

• cindee11461
    18 years ago

That is sooooooooooooooooooooo cool. I love it. Great creativeness!!!(-: I also loved the old truck pond.

• trmeyer
    17 years ago

Ok, can someone repost these pictures. I don't see anything here except the red x and when I click on it, it brings me to the log in page of photobucket. Please, please, please... Thank you.

Tracy

• RuralGardener
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sorry I guess I moved the pictures :)

Here ya go...
    {{gwi:131426}}

{{gwi:131427}}

• newkidd13
    17 years ago

absolutely precious

• TwoMonths
    17 years ago

thanks for reposting. I suppose a person could make a very small one as a centerpiece of a garden. doll house furniture or small size chairs could be used. It is a very cool looking place for the summertime. Good that it has the ole tub and clothes scrubber and window and screen hanging on it also. But I would leave off the statue and pot and yes the gater at the end.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!