Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Topper?

Posted by oldcrafty 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 22, 12 at 11:15

I found this bridesmaids bouquet at the thrift store. Almost to pretty to tear apart but when I saw it I thought what an eyecatching totem topper it would make. Any other ideas as what it's re-cycled life could be?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Before and after removing the pretty ribbon. Currently all the pieces are indivdual stems that have been taped together. I will have to have another set of hands to help me wrap wire to hold them together.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Topper?

It looks like it would be pretty out in your gardens with 'wind' movement...maybe put in a pc of piping in the ground? Or tucked it a pot of blooming flowers? Jeanne S.

o

Personally, I'd take it apart & build flowers using the crystals as centers. All in one bunch like that is a bit too much for me. But, if I saw it, I'd have bought it. - Laura

o

Wow...that's pretty impressive. I think I'd take it apart too. It looks like a fountain to me...for a yard conservatory or a fairy garden. Or a chandelier type of creation. Not sure, but I'll be interested to see what you do with it!

o

I think I would use some of them in a wind chime & then a few in center of a wide birdbath to look like a fountain, preferably with a wide blue glass bowl as the birdbath. Think it would really show off the crystals! Jan

o

Awesome!!
I would have bought it too!

o

If these were the bridesmaid bouquets, I'm wondering what the bride carried! That wedding must have been full of bling!

o

There is so much potential there. How ever you use it, it will be beautiful with the sun shining on it.

Marylee

o

That is really nice. I am with everyone I would have grabbed it too.

You probably could not see all the crystals when it was packed with flowers. Just a little sparkle showing between the flowers.

I saw someone here made a teapot totem and used the crystals to look like falling water.

o

I LOVE sparkly things like that ! If I had it -- I'd mosaic a bowling ball with one of the holes left open on top -- and stick that spray of crystals in it - like a fountain. You're lucky to have found that!

**Now I want one :)

o

Okay, so its 2013 . . . what did you decide to do with it?

o

OOOHHH pretty. Yes please tell show us what you did with it. Like everyone else I'd have bought it too.
I could see it stuck in a bottle as a sparkler.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here