Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old trucks in garden!

Posted by gardener64 zone 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 29, 12 at 11:43

My son gave me an old dodge truck and said where do you want it in the garden!!
Anyone have pics of what they have done to theirs?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old trucks in garden!

Yes, I have posted mine before. It is one of my pride and joys of my yard. I came home from work one day and there it was in my back yard. My hubby put it there for me. He just knows me so well LOL

BEFORE
Old Truck 2008

SAME YEAR IT WAS MOVED
Juy 2009, Jeff moved truck here, added the path, brick man

TWO YEARS LATER 2010
Photobucket

Love my old truck.......can't wait to see what you do with yours.

Kim

o

Love the truck!!! Now I know what to do the next time I see one on craigslist. Proves that you can turn anything into a planting bed and/or planting pot :)

o

Love it Thank you! it will be months before I can post pictures

o

Love the truck! What a neat hubby for putting it there for you. I especially like the year the colorful flowers were tumbling out. The brick figure is really cute and a clever idea.
Gardener64 so gave you a good inspiration pic. Hope to see pics of yours one day.

o

I LOVE your old truck, calicocat! When you said old, you really weren't kidding! I wonder what the year was when it was new. Your garden looks wonderful with the pathway and interesting objects. The truck is a treasure, and so is your hubby for installing it for you! Both are keepers!

o

That is one awesome truck.
Kathy

o

Love your truck, Calicocat & the brick thing looks like a little man! Very cute! The clay tile look great with the truck also! Hope you get your truck in place Gardener 64 & looking way you want so we can see some pics! Jan

o

My hubby tells me it is about a 32 International. So yes it is old.

o

Wonderful inspiration...love the before & after pix!! Great use of a neat old piece!!

Can't wait to see 64's also :)

o

WOW!!! What an AWESOME Hubby!!! Can You clone him!? lol! Or maybe I could send my hubby to Garden Junker HubbY School! ha! Love the brick guy too...may have to make one of those! My two kids say I am Brick obsessed!!! They were talking about a brick intervention a while ago...heh heh!

o

omg I just love the whole garden scene great job

o

calico...that is amazing...I remember seeing it before but thanks for the 2010 pic of the whole 'truck' garden! Good luck, gardener64! Have fun w/your old truck! Jeanne S.

o

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8312047@N05/7176604594/in/photostream

Here is the truck before I moved it into the garden, pics to follow this weekend

o

• Posted by cnm1 6Oh (My Page) on
    Fri, May 11, 12 at 17:36

Wow is right. I love that old truck!!! And I am VERY impressed that your husband did that!! Looks amazing

o

Love your old trucks. They are a marvelous "pot" for your plantings! Thank you for sharing. JLily

o

OMG!! I love your truck. I would love to find one like it. I have just the spot for it!!

o

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8312047@N05/7196619104/in/photostream

o

This turned out awesome. Love what you have done with it.

Kim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here