Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

Red bottles might be coming soon

toomuchglass
12 years ago

I went to the "make your own wine " store looking for bottles , and of course the owner & I got to talking about the blue bottles. He told me that mfgs. have finally found a way to make red glass bottles so they won't fade & they'll be reasonably priced. COOL ! He just didn't know when they'd be out. Darn ! I'd be first in line for those babies !!!

Comments (10)

• mommyandme2
    12 years ago

Wow! I'd love to find some of those! Maybe someday!

• spedigrees z4VT
    12 years ago

That's such great news, Toomuchglass! My favorite color! I'll definitely be in line for the red bottles too. Here's hoping the wine they contain is of better quality than that disgusting platinum light beer! Thanks very much for reporting this welcome news. I see a red bottle tree in my future.

• spedigrees z4VT
    12 years ago

OK I just have to ask: what is the "make your own wine' store? Do they sell equipment for home wine making?

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes -- it's a wine making supply store.They have everything that has to do with wine. It's called the "Purple Foot". I should have called it the right name ! sorry ;)

• spedigrees z4VT
    12 years ago

That's interesting. Ha ha Purple Foot from stomping grapes! Cute name! I should check to see if there are any similar stores in my area. Eventually the red bottles should start to show up in the wine aisles at the supermarket, if they catch on with commercial wineries. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled.

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Wow! they must have found a way to make red glass without using gold.
    Its too bad to hear the platinum light doesn't taste great.
    Spedigree you probably can get the microbeer that has blue bottles like a friend left an empty bottle at our house. Its from Moonlight Meadery in Londonderry NH. There is a blue moon on the label and its called "Blissful". Friend lives in Thetford, but I'm not sure where he got it. Probably expensive, but very nice bottle!
    Kathy

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

They must have done it without the gold somehow ---- otherwise it would cost an arm & a leg .

I have a piece of ruby red glass - it was $60 a foot ! I hate to use it -- LOL

• texaspuddyprint
    11 years ago

I have a huge collection of ruby glassware. From dinner plates to tumblers with all sorts of bowls and bottles in between. Have been collecting for years and as everyone knows a glass or plate is going to get broken. I keep all the broken pieces and when I get the time I toss them into a rock tumbler to smooth out the sharp edges then I can wrap wire around the shards and use the pieces in decorations, sun catchers and such.

It would be sweet if they do come out with a solid red glass wine bottle. I've seen water and liquor bottles but they were painted and that scratches off too easily.

~ Cat

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

Id like to see them melt those red and blue together and give us PURPLE!!!!!

• jlily
    11 years ago

I'm with Calamity. I love the blue and the red glass-----BUT purple! ! Enjoy! Jlily

Sponsored
SparkWise Electric (aka Max Electric)
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Expert Electricians for Electric Service and Lighting