Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
posieh_gw

GW Store prices?

posieh
12 years ago

I'm amazed how much GW stores have raised their prices,

and other thrift stores too. I think they discovered we wanted the glasses and plates for our crafts.

Comments (6)

• rafor
    12 years ago

Exactly what I've thought. I chalked it up to relocating from the west coast to the northeast, but I really think it has more to do with crafters. Colored glass used to be about a buck, now it's 2, 5 or more. I'm glad I have a stash of it I bought before I moved!!!

• mommyandme2
    12 years ago

Unfortunately, I donated most of my glass BACK to Goodwill when I moved from CT to TX in an effort to fit everything in a certain size POD. The POD was crammed to the point where my DD's had to abandon 4 nice wood TV trays. They bought new TV trays when they set up in Austin, but, I'm still moaning about the glassware. There just doesn't seem to be much of that kind of stuff down here. The tag sales I've been to have been all clothing & nothing else. However, next month I'm going up to Austin for a visit & I've got a list of 8 thrift stores to visit, including a GW Outlet. I'll report back on how it goes. Went shopping at a bunch of consignment shops last spring in CT & got some wonderful buys on clothing, but we didn't go junking. My sisters weren't interested & I already had several heavy items to bring back here that I had inherited from my late aunt. - Laura

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Just found out about a new big Goodwill store in Canyon Country on Soledad Canyon Rd. Across from Denny's not far from White's Canyon Rd. i saw it this morning! Can't wait to see how it is but prices are going up fast here also. Jan

• marquest
    12 years ago

You are right, The few pieces I am finding are so much higher than they were even just last year.

The other thing I notice is there is not as much as there use to be. Either people are keeping it or the supply is drying up because it is not being made anymore for people to donate. All you see is acrylic and plastic anymore.

Do you think one day glass will be as rare as diamonds? lol

• chelcass
    12 years ago

On the rare occasions I shop GW I only buy the half price items. A different color each day. They have been over priced for years. I find yard sales still the best place for glass ware and other cute trinkets. A good flea market (we don't have many of those), estate sales (sometimes) or box lots at a Auction can turn up some treasures.

• marquest
    12 years ago

There are not many yard sales in my area anymore. I have to check out the auctions. I have never attended any before it might be fun.