Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Using Blue Bottles-Any Pictures?

Posted by plumism z4-5 MA (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 12, 12 at 12:31

Hey, Now that we all have these fabulous blue beer bottles-how about some pictures of what to do with them? I'm blocked-would love to see some creative ideas! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Using Blue Bottles-Any Pictures?

Lots of ideas in the Garden Junk Inspriations album

Here is a link that might be useful: GJ Inspirations Album

o

A few photos of some in my yard, probably posted before. The row of bottles are sitting on old wrought iron fence and security door parts. The circles are lids from the kitchen storage jars with rubber gaskets. The others are in a hanging wine bottle rack.

There's a link to a great bottle tree site below the pics.

Linda

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Bottle Tree Site

o

OHHHH Linda I just took a wonderful tour thru the bottle tree site!!! OMG those were some great pics and has my thinking juices flowing. THANKS for posting the link

o

Great blue bottle pics! Have fun, plumism & share some pics when you're done, please. Jeanne S.

My blue bottle fence:

Bottle Fence Fullview 1.12

o
RE: Using Blue Bottles-Any Pictures? Rev

Great blue bottle pics! Have fun, plumism & share some pics when you're done, please. Jeanne S.

My blue bottle fence:

Bottle Fence Fullview 1.12

o
RE: Using Blue Bottles-Any Pictures? Plus

Whoops, sorry for double post...ugh!

o

This is a sawed off utility pole I turned into a bottle tree. I used long (10 or 12 inch if memory serves) phillips head screws to mount these blue jars from a vitamin/supplement store. The lighter colored blue jars are vintage canning jars that I bought on ebay.

I bought a six pack of the light "platinum" beer. It is swill! Hubby attempted to drink some and poured out the bottle after a few swallows; I don't go near light beer so I'm taking his word for it that this stuff is vile! However the bottles are great. I'd planned to use them as replacements on this bottle tree if they were needed, but I think they may be a bit too tall for this purpose. I think instead I will use them on stakes bordering my perennial beds.

Let us see what you do with your blue bottles, Plumism! Jeanne your fence is just lovely!

o

Also I love your wrought iron fence with the blue bottles, Linda!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here