Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wine Cork Plant labels

Posted by posieh 3 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 8, 14 at 12:32

I'm wondering if anyone has used their used wine corks to make plant markers? They turn out pretty neat but I have a horrible time posting pictures.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wine Cork Plant labels

How do you make them? I am always looking for plant markers :-)

Can you upload the pictures to Photobucket? Garden Web uses the html link.

o

plant markers 4 photo IMG_4385 1.jpg

Of course there are tons of different ideas on Google! And a million blogs on how to make them :-)

plant markers 2 photo download.jpg

plant markers 1 photo herb spoon markers.jpg

o

Really nice!

o

I tried to do the spoons and it was too hard to get the letters to stamp in. I had bought 2 sets of letters, one for a non profit that I was helping with a garden. Brought it there and couldn't do it! (Always try things at home before you go public :)
I don't know where my set of letters went to. Somewhere in the cellar at one of my dh's work benches I guess. I got very discouraged!
Kathy

o

Those look great! I buy the old stainless silver ware at Thrift stores and use the use the handles to write the names on, they don't rust when stuck in the garden. Some with the old plastic handles really look good too. You need to use paint pens as no other pens are permanent, Also, the wine corks I label pretty much the same but some I really decorate with beads, etc. to use in house plants or in an indoor kitchen herb garden. Thanks so much for posting your pics, One of these days I'm going to learn how.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here