Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coppertop367

Found an awesome new magazine!

coppertop367
13 years ago

Went to walmart and found a magazine called "Flea Market Gardens...It is put out by country almanac and has loads of garden junk ideas! It has totums and plate flowers,mosaics,fairy gardens, etc. So many ideas!

Comments (37)

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

coppertop52 - I am going out later and I am going to stop at Walmart. I want to see that magazine! (As if I didn't have enough books and magazines) Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

• mary2010
    13 years ago

thanks for the tip. I'll be off to find my copy.

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

This magazine has a lot of ideas..I like the fairy gardens and the welded metal items. Marylee

• toomuchglass
    13 years ago

I googled the book ... one lady has a blog with pictures of alot of the pages .... the projects were awesome .
    It's $9.95 - but it seems worth it if you have a fantastic garden . That's my problem --- the projects are way too perfect for an ordinary yard . Pretty to look at though !!

• goldenpond
    13 years ago

I bought it about a week ago and said HEY

• a.girl.named.max
    13 years ago

Okay, Walmart is on my "To Do List" for tomorrow. TFI

• tehuti
    13 years ago

WOW! It's already for sale on eBay.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ebay

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Maybe HLobby will have it...then you can use 40% off coupon if there is one in the ad tomorrow for the week.

• crazyone
    13 years ago

yes this blogger was so kind to share, it does look like a magazine with this forums projects :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: blog with pictures

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

How does that go? Great minds think alike? I bought my tonight at Walmart. lol! It does look like there are a lot of ideas in there. I don't mind spending more on a magazine that I'll get lots of use out of. I was even considering the tire planters (something I have never been overly fond of) because they looked cute.

• coppertop367
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I usually don't spend this much on a magazine either, but this one did look like it had some really good things in there..Hope yall find one!

• aquawise
    13 years ago

Finished the Tool Mail boxes today and the little boy and his dog. Check out the link below!

Here is a link that might be useful: yard art

• mary2010
    13 years ago

I broke down and bought it too! Found several projects I want to incorporate in my yard. I found mine at the local drug store.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Can someone that bought it give the bar code on the back. Wal Mart has to have that to even look for it. If they don't have it then GF is going to see if she can get Joanne's to order it. Thanks! Jan

• kirkus
    13 years ago

We found it today at our local grocery store. :o) Fun stuff!!!! That's a magazine I won't be parting with soon. :o) Thanks for the heads up, Coppertop! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Jan, the barcode on mine is 7 25274 02626 5 Hope that helps!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Thanks Kirk! I will look at Sam's Club. Magazines for $9.95 are $6.88 there if you have a Sam's Club, don't know if Cost Co. would have it but might. Jan

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

It lookks ver interesting (and familiar). Thanks for letting us know about it.
    Kathy

• coppertop367
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I did see it at the Sam's Club here in Va.

• leveta
    13 years ago

Got mine at Sams for 6.88...

• oldrustybucket
    13 years ago

Here's a great sneak peek link....great pics!

Here is a link that might be useful: sneak peek link

• calicocat1967
    13 years ago

LOVE.........LOVE........LOVE this magazine. I have been through it a hundred times I swear !!! I also love Flea Market Style and Cottage Gardens.

Kim

• glassyeyed
    13 years ago

I got mine at Publix. I LOVE it! it has really great stuff in it. Love the mosaics and the metal work stuff so cool!

• Kathryn Botard
    13 years ago

I would love to see it. Not in our grocery store, I'll have to check the WalMart

• lindalou
    13 years ago

was this magazine a once and done or is it going to be coming out monthly? i can't find it anywhere. would anyone be willing to share the info in the magazine with us less fortunate people who couldn't find it? thanks, ;)

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I'm looking at the fine print on my copy. It is put out by Country Almanac annually. It's published by Harrison Publications. Strangely Harrison Publications and Country Almanac do not have web sites. Debra Wittrup is the editor. I saw 4 used copies for sale on eBay for $9.95 each. I guess my copy is worth some money, huh? lol

• kirkus
    13 years ago

Was at the grocery store today. Saw copies still there. I copied an idea from the magazine. It showed a rustic spigot attached to an elbow pipe and then attached to a pole. A crystal is hanging from the faucet to look like water. Soooo coool. I have the spigot and elbow pipe and copper pole. My wife and I are going to an antique lighting store where they sell the crystals at afforadable prices. FUN!

• maggiejoe
    13 years ago

i just checked amazon & it's now unavailable! drats!!!

• Fleur
    13 years ago

A friend bought one and thought it was too upscale for our area and overpriced. She also thought many of the ideas came from lurking at this forum.

• laneybug
    12 years ago

Please some one help me get a copy of this new magazine.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

I've had no luck either, laneybug...it was a Feb edition...so probably not on shelves anywhere...library doesn't have it either. I've ckd big box stores, grocery stores & Sam's Club...ZERO! It will show up at a GS one of these days or Friends of the Library dontation sale! Good luck! Jeanne S.

• tehuti
    12 years ago

Posted by laneybug 8 (My Page) on Sun, Apr 3, 11 at 10:09
    Please some one help me get a copy of this new magazine.

I found one used for $5.00 but could not find a way to contact you. How can we help you if you have no email address posted on your page?
    Robert

• laneybug
    12 years ago

Robert i sent you my info waiting to hear back from you now

• laneybug
    12 years ago

hey anyone still have a copy or know how I can get one please email me at alaineyon@gmail.com

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

I noticed they were selling them again on eBay but the prices were pretty darn steep! I tried looking for a lone copy or two at Wally World yesterday but didn't see any. If I had known they were going to be this difficult to buy, I would have bought a bunch up when I got mine!

• kirkus
    12 years ago

I just saw on the Flea Market Gardens Facebook page that they will be publishing a new issue of the magazine in February 2012. Woo Hoo! Love that magazine!!!!!!! It has inspired me sooo much!

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Some of us were lucky enough to win copies of this magazine through the Flea Market Gardening Facebook page. I wanted a copy to give to a friend of mine for her birthday. I still have my well-worn copy and keep looking through it for inspiration. I'm so glad to hear they will be publishing another one!

• pippi21
    12 years ago

I bought mine at the grocery store or Rite-Aid or CVS...can't remember where but I love this magazine. I hope they will offer it as a subscription. Like the previous poster, I have a well worn copy.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz