Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small blue bottles

Posted by flowergardener Z4 MN (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 14, 11 at 13:53

Thought I would mention that we were in a HyVee liquor store and they had 4 packs of two brands of wine in small blue bottles. I am sure they are also in other liquor stores the brand name of one kind was Blue Nun can't recall the other. We picked up a pack to finish off the top of my blue bottle tree. We have large bottles on the bottom then regular size and now topped with the small bottles giving it more of a natural tree shape. Sorry I can't post pictures there is too much snow to get out there to take one.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small blue bottles

I get small blue bottles from various facial oils and a med. size from Doggy fish oil. They are fun!

o

I got some small blue bottles at American Science & Surplus here in Milwaukee. If you scroll down at the link below, you'll see the heliotrope bottles in cobalt blue. I bought about a dozen of them when they were on sale. Now that I have a yard, I plan to make a small bottle tree out of them.

Here is a link that might be useful: American Science & Surplus

o

luna ...are you moved in & do you have your craft room? Hope all is well!

Thanks, flowerG for the tip on Hy-Vee bottles! Jeanne S.

o

A small bottle tree sounds very interesting. Mine is quite large my DH welded it using rebar for the design which has a graceful shape.

Jeannespines you are most welcome and the wine taste good so you can enjoy both. LOL

o

Jeanne, we are moved in but not totally set up. Still lots of work to do and it seems there is so little time (especially with a few feet of snow to slow things down). I have quite a collection of "junk" to add to my garden come spring though!

I will have to look for those small blue bottles of wine!

o

I'll have to look for these little bottles. Thanks for the hint.

And congratulations Kathy! So glad that you have your own home and garden now.
Kathy

o

We have the guy at our local dump keeping an eye open for blue bottles for us. He's come up with quite a few. We trade him the codes off the coke cartons and egg cartons he uses for his chickens. It's a good deal!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here