Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
copper for leaves

Posted by laurastheme (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 20, 12 at 14:39

I would like to find a bargain on copper sheeting for leaves on my glass flowers. Do any of you have any ideas? Or ideas for something other than copper sheeting? It's so expensive.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: copper for leaves

Hi Laurastheme, someone used plastic coated clothesline from Ace for leaves, not sure where pics are. Hope that helps. Blessings :) Kim

o

Laurastheme, Could you use aluminum cans to make leaves? They could probably be painted.

Marylee

Here is a link that might be useful: Aluminum Can Flowers

o

I would venture to bet the advise about using the aluminum cans is a great idea.

o

I've used the plastic coated green clothesline ,too. If you're looking for sheets of copper , they have it at Hobby Lobby,by the woodcarving stuff. It's thin but stiff - I think it's made for tin punching. THey have aluminum,copper and brass. I always use a 40% off coupon because it's alittle pricey like all metals are. Hope that helps a bit.

o

I've never seen green clothesline. However, in HD in the electrical department they have something called "Primary Wire". It's used to connect the tail lights on a trailer to the car. It comes in blister packs, 24 feet for around $5. It's available in black, white, green, red, blue and yellow. I used the black & yellow to make my bumble bee & I've used the green to make leaves for my steamer basket flowers & to make vines for my trellises. For the really ambitious, it also comes on 500 foot rolls. Hope this helps - Laura

o

Thanks to all of you. I have used green heavy wire previously, but now I'm using copper pipe so would like to use copper for the leaves. We don't have Hobby Lobby here, but I'll try Micheal's.
Laura (also)

o

A can of copper spray paint goes a long way! Could you use roof flashing & spray paint it?

Also I always buy any metal 'leafy' things I see at garage sales (if cheap) & use them on my Barnwood Blooms...most the time you can cut & locate the leaves anyway you wish. Good luck! Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here