Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mommyandme2

Garden bugs with a sad history

mommyandme2
12 years ago

I don't know much about the kinds of trouble teenagers get into nowadays. My teenage grandson manages to stay out of trouble & sometimes I'm shocked at how naive he is. My dd#1 is a middle school teacher & my d s-in-l is a high school teacher. Both of them say it's really hard to keep up with the latest trends. As soon as the adults figure out what's going on, the kids move on to another form of trouble. Anyway, apparently around here the teens & younger adults are into "huffing" nitrous oxide. This is extremely dangerous. It can be easily obtained in tiny little metal capsules because it's used in ice cream shops, etc to make whipped cream. I've been told they are also used as a propellant for paintball guns. I've been finding the capsules tossed on roads and sidewalks around town. One day, I picked up 15 capsules in 30 minutes. It took some research, but eventually I figured out what the capsules were. I can't stop kids who are bent on killing themselves, but I can try to make the world a happier place by turning these capsules into cute little bugs. I have dozens of capsules so I'm looking for other ideas, too.

here are some of the bugs I've made:

{{gwi:131982}}

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living