Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden bugs with a sad history

Posted by mommyandme2 10 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 16, 12 at 17:41

I don't know much about the kinds of trouble teenagers get into nowadays. My teenage grandson manages to stay out of trouble & sometimes I'm shocked at how naive he is. My dd#1 is a middle school teacher & my d s-in-l is a high school teacher. Both of them say it's really hard to keep up with the latest trends. As soon as the adults figure out what's going on, the kids move on to another form of trouble. Anyway, apparently around here the teens & younger adults are into "huffing" nitrous oxide. This is extremely dangerous. It can be easily obtained in tiny little metal capsules because it's used in ice cream shops, etc to make whipped cream. I've been told they are also used as a propellant for paintball guns. I've been finding the capsules tossed on roads and sidewalks around town. One day, I picked up 15 capsules in 30 minutes. It took some research, but eventually I figured out what the capsules were. I can't stop kids who are bent on killing themselves, but I can try to make the world a happier place by turning these capsules into cute little bugs. I have dozens of capsules so I'm looking for other ideas, too.
here are some of the bugs I've made:
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden bugs with a sad history

I'm always shocked and amazed at what people do to themselves and what the latest trend is. Like what you've done with these...cute little critters!

o
RE: Garden bugs with a sad history

Very cute bugs! Love the faces.
This is not so new tho. When I worked at a restaurant supply store in the 80s, college kids used to come in every now and then and buy these by the caseload. I guess things are happening younger and younger.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here