Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mzclassic

Newly made Spindle Stuff (pics)

mzclassic
16 years ago

Well I have been hard at it since I hit the "mother lode". Here are two of my birdhouses and a candle holder. The birdhouses are quite tall as they are on (3) spindles screwed/glued together. The candle holder I just had to put some glass on. *grin*

Donna

{{gwi:132074}}

{{gwi:132077}}

{{gwi:132078}}

Here is a link that might be useful: My Stuff

Comments (16)

• countrygrl
    16 years ago

I love your super-tall spindle birdhouses!! How tall are they? I can see a bunch of those in the back of the garden, all along my fence! What kind of glue did you use? Did you put some kind of spike on the bottom, so you could stick them in the ground? I just love them, and you did a great job!!

• luna_llena_feliz
    16 years ago

I love the purple and green one! I agree they would look awesome along a fence or interspersed throughout the garden to add some height. Very pretty composition and colors!

• rchovey
    16 years ago

Those are so fun!! Love the colors. Good job!

• justlinda
    16 years ago

Wow, what a motherlode....you did good!! Just love the look of those birdhouses and the candleholder. Is the candleholder gold colour just paint, or something more elaborate like gold-leaf? It looks so shiny and sumptuous.

• Bright199
    16 years ago

Great projects!! Keep the pictures comming!1
    I want to know about your yard poles!! Please do tell.

• mzclassic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. countrygrl, the poles are about 72" tall which is (3) table legs screwed/glued with Gorilla glue. I wasn't going to put them in the ground, I thought about attaching them to my privacy fence way up in the air. Justlinda, the gold on the candle holder is craft acrylic gold. I put about 3 coats on it. And bright 199 about the yard poles... I just bought the place and there were these ugly galvanized poles in the front that I couldn't remove because they blocked where my septic is so people won't drive up on it. Well I got tired of looking at those ugly poles, so I went and bought some 3" PVC and caps, cut them at 4', painted them and slipped them over the poles. They look much better now. Course my neighbors probably think that new ole lady who moved in there is a little strange. *grin* But I don't care. At least my yard is filling in a little more this year. It's a slow process. I'm gonna make some more neat stuff this weekend. Wish I didn't have to work and could just stay home and make things, course I couldn't pay the bills that way. Dern!
    Donna

• kudzukween
    16 years ago

Love what you did with the spindles:) My favorite is the pink/aqua one!

• Dottie B.
    16 years ago

Those are great! Love the bright colors. They will really stand out in the garden.

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

Ohhh, I like the super tall birdhouses. I think it would be neat to have several of them in one area and see what kind of birds you get nesting in them. Thanks for sharing this idea.

Sal

• lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
    16 years ago

I love what you did with the spindles. I still have some sitting here that I need to do something with. That gives me a few more ideas! And you sure did hit the mother load! WOW!!! Great pics.....

Alicia

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Donna, your spindle projects turned out really cute. Love the colors you've used, those will look great in the garden.

Have one more idea here for you. I got my Painting magazine today and they had a regular flower pot up on spindles! I read to see how they were put together and of course it was a kit you could order, but they said to put one ring under the pot and one inside it and then screw them into the post. Can't see why a couple big washers wouldn't do the same thing.

Will look forward to seeing what else you create with your spindles.

Luvs

• mzclassic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Luvs, that IS a good idea. I will have to see what I can come up with. And I just happen to have some big washers already!

Donna

• pelican_2008
    16 years ago

Hello - Just came across your web page - I need a gift for a birdhouse loving friend - can I purchase one of these? I love the purple one!! Thanks -

• mzclassic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Pelican - sorry I didn't make these to sell, but thanks for the offer to buy. It would be impossible to ship them anyway cause they are 72" tall. The purple one is in my garden and the others are in my mom's and sister-in-laws. Thanks again though.
    Donna

Here is a link that might be useful: My Stuff

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Cute Birdhouses! And I LOVE all your other stuff too!!! Drooling over that bottle tree, and I am a lover of glass totems! Have waaay too many in my yard!

• jeannespines
    16 years ago

I love all your "stuff," too! Thanks for sharing!
    Those spindles also make wonderful additions to birdhouses! Jeanne S.