Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
spring please!?!

Posted by indigosunshine 4 west WI (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 18:36

Just got in from walking the pups....wind chill is about -25 F.Brrr! To warm up, I looked through my summer garden pictures. I can see these glass mushrooms right now through my living room window but I think they look better with the green!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: spring please!?!

I’ve been out in my pond this week dividing water lilies and I have tender water canna sprouts 4” tall. I may have to cover tomorrow night.
The weathermen here in Tucson get bored saying sunny and warm or sunny and hot so often that they get REAL excited when we have some weather. Tonight they are throwing around words like wind chill, blizzard, 2300’ snow level, and 1-3” of snow in Tucson metro area tomorrow.
To quote the National Weather Service for tomorrow, “The predicted high in Tucson is JUST 44 to 49 degrees.”
I bet you’d trade your -25 wind chill for JUST 44 to 49F.
Here's a summer pond picture back at you.
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/Tin_foil_hat/Rainbow1.jpg

o

Here in Virginia, things just look dead and dreary. I had a knee replacement at the end of January, and since I've had to be home all this time, it's getting very depressing looking at all of the gray and lifeless things in my yard. And it's been COLD!! I am ready for spring too! Can't get here soon enough for me.

o

Temperature is all relative! Right now 49F. sounds nice but come September that sounds down right chilly! All what you get used to. Hope you are mending well Marlene! This might be a good time to make a few garden junk projects or surf the net for ideas. Tinfoil ,thanks for the pond pic!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here