Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Our First Enamelware/Silverware Wind Chime

kirkus
13 years ago

Hi Everyone! Carol and I just had to get creative this weekend! We made our first enamelware/silverware wind chime. You might remember our other wind chimes. (I'll attach the link to those.)

We still have LOTS of snow so needed to do something to take the winter blues away! This cost us very little...the enamel lid and cup were at one of our favorite junk stores. (EVERYTHING WAS 50% OFF!!!) The silverware was a gift. The little pine cone beads came from a sweet Garden Junk friend...Soxxxx! Thank you, Soxxxx! :o)

I hung the chime on the arbor I made long ago, leading into our woods and wetlands. We had a nice breeze today. Sounded sweet. ENJOY! Bear Hugs! Kirk & Carol

{{gwi:132157}}

{{gwi:132158}}

{{gwi:131753}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Other Chimes

Comments (15)

• chelcass
    13 years ago

Very Nice, I just love silverware windchimes. I have several hanging on our covered porch. Looks like you had a bright sunny day in spite of the snow. Spring is in the air.

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Kirk - I like your windchimes. They are very creative. What is a wind thingy? Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

Love your wind c Cool!!!!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Love the new windchime! Great idea using the enamel lid for the top of the chime....you two are just so talented! Great job...tfs!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I like how you used that "spring" to hang your new windchime! The white enamelware looks great w/your white arbor! (dishpan, too! Pretty cool weekend project! Looks like you may have used "beads" over the wire ends??? DH & I have been pouring whimsey face rocks & mushrooms on these icky days...thinking ahead to Spring. TFS, kirk! Jeanne S.

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the nice compliments! This was a simple, fun project! Love to do projects with Carol! :o)

Marylee, a wind thingy is from our album. Carol made a stained glass kaleidoscope but didn't like it. :o) So....I added a wire to it and hung it in a tree! Looks so cool...especially when it reflects light! :o)

Thanks again! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

1st I like the arbor with the 2 enamel basins hanging on each side & the windchimes continue the theme! The spring make them look like they are from another era & the blue insulators look wonderful across the top. Great job! I think if the other item you just made had a holder it could hang from other side of arbor. Oh, I sent you an email about a very cute bear, hope you don't mind! It is not spring in S.D. today DS sent pics,snow snow snow -12 degrees with wind chill! Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Your chimes look really great on your arbor! Did you use the beadalon for hanging the silverware? I was wondering how well it holds up outside. I'm with Marylee, I have missed your great projects!

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Luna, Carol does the wiring, and I do the drilling. We then put it together as a team. :o) She uses a special wire recommended by the bead shop and crimps with crimping beads and a crimper. We have used them for all of our outside chimes. Seems to hold up extremely well. :o) Fun to be out of hibernation! :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk

• garden-potter
    13 years ago

I love it! It's obvious you always put a lot of thought into all your creations and they come out great! I even like how you coordinated the enamel pieces: blue-rim on the lid and red-rim on the cup.

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks again for the encouragement. You keep us motivated! :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk & Carol

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Y'all work so well together. This is another outstanding project. I'm not so sure I could put that lovely silverware out in the yard, but this is a great project. I've got to find some of the bead wire and crimpers, I wonder if they have them at Wally World.
    Frou

• chelcass
    13 years ago

FrouFrou, Wally World does not have crimp beads or the wire. Go to e-bay you will get the best prices there. I also buy all my beads there. If you have a Hobby Lobby they carry everything you would need, they are just a little pricey. Instead of wire I use fishing line I find at yard sales. It holds up well in the weather..........it's meant to get wet.....lol

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Very nice. Love your arbor too!
    Kathy

• smickerdoodle
    13 years ago

I love it. I have been itching to get out there and start on some garden junk. The weather will be starting to change here soon....I hope. I love windchimes. I have one hanging right outside my bedroom window and love the sound of it at night and when I first wake up in the morning. Maybe I will have to start looking for some enamel ware. Won't be able to drill any holes until my arm heals though....

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!